Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Drobo Firmware 3.0.5 is Out
02-25-2013, 05:15 PM
RE: New Drobo Firmware 3.0.5 is Out
Even the Apples of the world make mistakes (small percentage of Snow Leopard upgrades lost all user data), it's how they're handled post-error that matters more.

Give them a chance to make it right before you damn them. Nobody is 100% perfect.

--Brandon | WHS2011+Drive Bender/2x Drobo v2/Drobo S G1/ Drobo S G2/Transporter
Drobo provides fault-tolerance, it's NOT a substitute for regular backups.
Drobo Best Practices - Official and Community-sourced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2013, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 05:24 PM by masc2279.)
(02-25-2013 05:15 PM)bhiga Wrote:  Even the Apples of the world make mistakes (small percentage of Snow Leopard upgrades lost all user data), it's how they're handled post-error that matters more.

Give them a chance to make it right before you damn them. Nobody is 100% perfect.

But i did give them a chance and they even called and said they screwed up. Am i supposed to just lay back and go oh well the time lost and them not keeping their end of the support side just slide. No They wronged me and they did not fix the issue so what should i wait for ? What chance ? They had it. Please explain how they can make it right ? I made it right without them. There is nothing they can fix anymore.
And what is to say that next time it won't be the same ? They just set precedent. And now they have to prove otherwise.
And in my business time lost is money lost and I cannot have that. I bought a product to avoid that.
I could have rolled a unit my self and if something went wrong it would be me and only me to blame. And yes i would be as upset as i am towards Drobo. But guess what i did not do that i bought a product with a service and they failed me and others. We have a right to be angry and a right to express it in any way we see fit. Hopefully they and others read it and then they have to work harder for the next time and things might be better. But without fighting, yelling and being upset and showing it nothing will be done. They would not have a reason todo so.
And unlike what you want me to do and tuck my tail into my legs and be quiet and take it. i speak out and make sure its heard for everyone to hear.
02-25-2013, 05:27 PM
Just saying.

Drobo 5N | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO mSATA | 2 x 4TB Seagate, 3 x 4TB Hitachi | FS/EXT3 diskpack
Peak performance >100MBps read/write (based on FS disk pack, no jumbo frames, no SSD)
DroboPorts: Plex, Transmission, OpenSSH, NFS, nano, screen, bash
02-25-2013, 05:34 PM
(02-25-2013 05:18 PM)masc2279 Wrote:  And in my business time lost is money lost and I cannot have that. I bought a product to avoid that.

Maybe that's the problem. I don't think Drobo are set up to manage business-critical tickets. It's the primary reason I recommend to clients to avoid Drobo products for their business.

You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
02-25-2013, 05:50 PM
(02-25-2013 05:34 PM)rdo Wrote:  
(02-25-2013 05:18 PM)masc2279 Wrote:  And in my business time lost is money lost and I cannot have that. I bought a product to avoid that.

Maybe that's the problem. I don't think Drobo are set up to manage business-critical tickets. It's the primary reason I recommend to clients to avoid Drobo products for their business.

Thats a possibility but they are making units for business uses. They have to be on the ball if they want to succeed. They cannot allow it to fall into lala land, and expect IT and small to large businesses to put up with it.
02-25-2013, 05:59 PM
(02-25-2013 05:50 PM)masc2279 Wrote:  they are making units for business uses. They have to be on the ball if they want to succeed.
Not your problem. Now you know you cannot rely on Drobo, find a product that works and get back to running your business.
My clients aren't interested in my car problems or my Drobo problems.

You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
02-25-2013, 06:12 PM
(02-25-2013 05:59 PM)rdo Wrote:  
(02-25-2013 05:50 PM)masc2279 Wrote:  they are making units for business uses. They have to be on the ball if they want to succeed.
Not your problem. Now you know you cannot rely on Drobo, find a product that works and get back to running your business.
My clients aren't interested in my car problems or my Drobo problems.

But at the same time it is my problem i do want them to succeed and sometime holding people's feet to the fire and making enough noise will push the changes in a company that is needed.

In life if you stay quiet and tuck your tail into your legs or your head in the sand things remain the same. I work 24/7 at all times of the day and night and i have redundancy after redundancy multiple machines and same equipment for this reason. i am never kept too long away from my work.

But what happened here should not have happened. Period !!!