New Drobo Firmware 3.0.5 is Out
02-25-2013, 01:58 PM
RE: New Drobo Firmware 3.0.5 is Out
Issue fixed by reinstalling 3.05!!!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2013, 02:00 PM
(02-25-2013 01:58 PM)manfredell Wrote:  Issue fixed by reinstalling 3.05!!!!!

Great to hear that you got it running again hope nothing was lost.
02-25-2013, 02:03 PM
(02-25-2013 02:00 PM)masc2279 Wrote:  
(02-25-2013 01:58 PM)manfredell Wrote:  Issue fixed by reinstalling 3.05!!!!!

Great to hear that you got it running again hope nothing was lost.

All there and OK!
02-25-2013, 02:04 PM
...yikes.

Zathrak

Drobo 5D | 64GB Crucial m4 SSD | 5 x 3TB Hitachi | Late 2012 iMac Intel Core i7 3.4Ghz, OS X Mountain Lion via Thunderbolt
02-25-2013, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 03:48 PM by diamondsw.)
(02-24-2013 03:56 PM)masc2279 Wrote:  i am not wrong. No matter how you twist this.

I can see we're going to have a productive discussion. Yay, internet.

(02-24-2013 03:56 PM)masc2279 Wrote:  You say i should be happy.

I never said you should be "happy", but that the constant bitching over a 48 hour period wasn't getting you anywhere. In the meantime, some basic troubleshooting did. It's not like you're sitting here in fear of massive dataloss (as others have due to firmware upgrades at times). So chill out.

Also, does it occur to no one at all that the person assigned to the case just might be a human being with a life to attend to? And rather than continue to rant on here, you could always call back yourself and escalate. It certainly gets more done than this thread.

But to each their own.

Drobo 5N | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO mSATA | 2 x 4TB Seagate, 3 x 4TB Hitachi | FS/EXT3 diskpack
Peak performance >100MBps read/write (based on FS disk pack, no jumbo frames, no SSD)
DroboPorts: Plex, Transmission, OpenSSH, NFS, nano, screen, bash
02-25-2013, 03:57 PM
(02-25-2013 03:48 PM)diamondsw Wrote:  
(02-24-2013 03:56 PM)masc2279 Wrote:  i am not wrong. No matter how you twist this.

I can see we're going to have a productive discussion. Yay, internet.

(02-24-2013 03:56 PM)masc2279 Wrote:  You say i should be happy.

I never said you should be "happy", but that the constant bitching over a 48 hour period wasn't getting you anywhere. In the meantime, some basic troubleshooting did. It's not like you're sitting here in fear of massive dataloss (as others have due to firmware upgrades at times). So chill out.

Also, does it occur to no one at all that the person assigned to the case just might be a human being with a life to attend to? And rather than continue to rant on here, you could always call back yourself and escalate. It certainly gets more done than this thread.

But to each their own.

But does it not occur to you that there is more than one person at Drobo and even the management that called said it was their fault that my case fell thru the cracks. so you are wrong !

And to believe a company should stop working because one employee has a life is unbelievable. When tech supporting while with apple the case is open to everyone to work on. Not just one person. If one person leaves another continues. Things don't stop and sit on someones desk if they go on vacation or home. WOW to even think you believe that is mind blowing.
02-25-2013, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 04:00 PM by diamondsw.)
(02-25-2013 03:57 PM)masc2279 Wrote:  But does it not occur to you that there is more than one person at Drobo and even the management that called said it was their fault that my case fell thru the cracks. so you are wrong !

I'm wrong? In that bitching all weekend on the forum and spouting hyperbole was completely unproductive?

Yeah, I think we're done here.

Drobo 5N | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO mSATA | 2 x 4TB Seagate, 3 x 4TB Hitachi | FS/EXT3 diskpack
Peak performance >100MBps read/write (based on FS disk pack, no jumbo frames, no SSD)
DroboPorts: Plex, Transmission, OpenSSH, NFS, nano, screen, bash
02-25-2013, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 04:39 PM by masc2279.)
(02-25-2013 03:59 PM)diamondsw Wrote:  
(02-25-2013 03:57 PM)masc2279 Wrote:  But does it not occur to you that there is more than one person at Drobo and even the management that called said it was their fault that my case fell thru the cracks. so you are wrong !

I'm wrong? In that bitching all weekend on the forum and spouting hyperbole was completely unproductive?

Yeah, I think we're done here.

It is productive since anyone who comes here can see that Drobo screwed up and maybe they will step back and make a better discussion based on this screw up. Drobo was wrong they even pulled the software due to their issue so yes very productive. And this is not the only place i will post these issues and it will be in front of everyone who is interested in a Drobo unit. And maybe it will make Drobo a better place since they now have to work twice as hard to make customers right.

So Yes Productive.
And I am very far from over or done here......LOL
And i did have data loss. i had to restore from a backup to get it working again. Granted i had everything backed up. So justify it anyway you want i was wronged and trust me i can and will continue to push this event into the eyes of anyone wanting to read it.
They just recalled the Dashboard as well so there are issues with that as well not just the Firmware.
02-25-2013, 04:54 PM
(02-25-2013 04:02 PM)masc2279 Wrote:  It is productive since anyone who comes here can see that Drobo screwed up and maybe they will step back and make a better discussion based on this screw up. Drobo was wrong they even pulled the software due to their issue so yes very productive. And this is not the only place i will post these issues and it will be in front of everyone who is interested in a Drobo unit. And maybe it will make Drobo a better place since they now have to work twice as hard to make customers right.
i was wronged and trust me i can and will continue to push this event into the eyes of anyone wanting to read it.

Sometimes people get caught in unreasonable situations. Once the situation is corrected, a reasonable person will move on. They might be unhappy or angry, but they find or make something better.

Drobo owns their behavior; you own yours. If you're not going to maintain a productive relationship with Drobo, it's time to find another vendor.

You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
02-25-2013, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 05:12 PM by masc2279.)
(02-25-2013 04:54 PM)rdo Wrote:  
(02-25-2013 04:02 PM)masc2279 Wrote:  It is productive since anyone who comes here can see that Drobo screwed up and maybe they will step back and make a better discussion based on this screw up. Drobo was wrong they even pulled the software due to their issue so yes very productive. And this is not the only place i will post these issues and it will be in front of everyone who is interested in a Drobo unit. And maybe it will make Drobo a better place since they now have to work twice as hard to make customers right.
i was wronged and trust me i can and will continue to push this event into the eyes of anyone wanting to read it.

Sometimes people get caught in unreasonable situations. Once the situation is corrected, a reasonable person will move on. They might be unhappy or angry, but they find or make something better.

Drobo owns their behavior; you own yours. If you're not going to maintain a productive relationship with Drobo, it's time to find another vendor.

I am going to for my second unit that i need but i own this Drobo and will continue to use it and continue to talk about the good and the bad right now its all bad. Lets see what happens.