Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Enhanced Mac OS X iSCSI support for DroboElite/B800i!
09-29-2011, 10:02 PM
Smile Enhanced Mac OS X iSCSI support for DroboElite/B800i!
Today, we posted a new version of Drobo Dashboard (2.0.4), which includes a new iSCSI initiator for Mac OS X. We have worked with the excellent team over at ATTO Technology to include a Drobo-specific version of their Xtend SAN iSCSI initiator in Drobo Dashboard. The ATTO initiator is automatically installed and configured by Drobo Dashboard so the user experience is unchanged, but stability is much improved.

If you are connecting a DroboElite or Drobo B800i to a Mac using iSCSI, it is recommended to update to Drobo Dashboard version 2.0.4. This release has been tested on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and 10.7.1. We are especially happy to have a more solid OS X Lion solution out to you.
http://www.drobo.com/support/updates.php

Thanks again for participating on this forum!

-ErikP
Director, Product Management
Drobo, Inc.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2014, 01:50 AM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2014 01:51 AM by siamless@me.com.)
RE: Enhanced Mac OS X iSCSI support for DroboElite/B800i!
(09-29-2011 10:02 PM)epounds Wrote:  Today, we posted a new version of Drobo Dashboard (2.0.4), which includes a new iSCSI initiator for Mac OS X. We have worked with the excellent team over at ATTO Technology to include a Drobo-specific version of their Xtend SAN iSCSI initiator in Drobo Dashboard. The ATTO initiator is automatically installed and configured by Drobo Dashboard so the user experience is unchanged, but stability is much improved.

If you are connecting a DroboElite or Drobo B800i to a Mac using iSCSI, it is recommended to update to Drobo Dashboard version 2.0.4. This release has been tested on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and 10.7.1. We are especially happy to have a more solid OS X Lion solution out to you.
http://www.drobo.com/support/updates.php

Thanks again for participating on this forum!

-ErikP
Director, Product Management
Drobo, Inc.

From what I can read the 800i is not only a 3 year old model but also the "enhanced" support for it has never been updated since... Dashboard (2.5.3) on OSX 10.9.5 still can't detect my "Elite" Drobo - so, maybe it's time to think about removing this hardware from the market or get a decent Dashboard update !
08-29-2015, 09:13 AM
Erik, what can i do to get my 800i working on my mac again. I don't see dashboard version 2.0.4 on your site for download. Would it be good to place previous versions of the dashboard up for users considering the price they paid and some of these new versions have a tendency of breaking connections. I have spent over a week trying to get my drabs back up after upgrading to 2.6.9 and not i regret doing it on OS X 10.10. only solution i see if dropping another 200 to ATTO.
Please advise so I can move forward and get my backups up and running, or is Drobo no longer the right solution for backups since its seems upgrades are not recommended.
thank you in advance
12-18-2015, 02:00 PM
(08-29-2015 09:13 AM)dxxrayzulunation Wrote:  Erik, what can i do to get my 800i working on my mac again. I don't see dashboard version 2.0.4 on your site for download. Would it be good to place previous versions of the dashboard up for users considering the price they paid and some of these new versions have a tendency of breaking connections. I have spent over a week trying to get my drabs back up after upgrading to 2.6.9 and not i regret doing it on OS X 10.10. only solution i see if dropping another 200 to ATTO.
Please advise so I can move forward and get my backups up and running, or is Drobo no longer the right solution for backups since its seems upgrades are not recommended.
thank you in advance

For some reason, Drobo have ended their relationship with Atto and have stripped out iSCSI support fro Drobo Dashboard in versions later than 2.0.4 - and worse, failed to tell us about that critical omission in the release notes for the updates. Fortunately, some kind souls out there have made it available for us to download. Here ya go: http://ftparmy.com/253231-drobo-dashboard.html