Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
booting problem
12-16-2012, 10:41 AM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2012 12:22 PM by wambli.)
booting problem
Running MacOS 10.8.2, SSD macbook pro, newest. Drobo Dashboard newest.

It is flashing between amber and green and does not show up in finder or dashboard. Please someone help. I got to get a video edited today, and out the door. Don't know if it is trying to rebuild so I am not going to turn off and restart...

Well after an hour I shut it down by pressing on/off button. Took drives out and re-seated them. Powered it up. It is doing same thing. Unplugged Apple thunderbolt cable and plug drobo thunderbolt cable. Still the same. Does not show up in Disk Utility. Rebuilt permissions on OS drive. Going to do restart of MBP
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2012, 08:27 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2012 09:39 AM by Paul.)
RE: booting problem
hi wambli, i dont have a mac or drobo mini but,
have you tried with a usb cable just in case its some kind of thunder bolt issue? (edit) see bhiga below)

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
12-17-2012, 10:28 AM
RE: booting problem
It's definitely in rebuild (the yellow-green flashing lights) - but that doesn't explain why you aren't seeing it in Finder.
Since you have an urgent deadline, highly recommend phoning in to Drobo Support.

--Brandon | WHS2011+Drive Bender/2x Drobo v2/Drobo S G1/ Drobo S G2/Transporter
Drobo provides fault-tolerance, it's NOT a substitute for regular backups.
Drobo Best Practices - Official and Community-sourced.