Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
firmware 3.0.3
12-03-2012, 11:17 AM
firmware 3.0.3
What's is new with this firmware. The only notes says first firmware for the drobo mini. Then what shipped with the mini?!?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2012, 09:53 AM
RE: firmware 3.0.3
(12-03-2012 11:17 AM)fuzzbutter Wrote:  What's is new with this firmware.

I've asked similar questions before while troubleshooting problems with Drobo Tech Support. I was told that Drobo firmware release notes do not mention known open problems or fixes for problems that were not previously acknowledged. They might also not mention fixes to features that were introduced in a previous release. Drobo techs have such information, of course, but they cannot provide it to the consumer.

If you're used to release notes or errata from companies like Oracle, HP, Intel, or Microsoft, it might help to think of Drobo's documentation as "advisory" and understand that you'll need to ask a Drobo tech for help. Although they won't provide a list, I've generally been able to get specific answers to specific questions like "what changed in firmware 2.1.2 that lead you to advise me that upgrading might eliminate these eSATA resets?"

You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
02-01-2013, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2013 09:34 PM by Paul.)
RE: firmware 3.0.3
i seem to remember the older updates used to include a whats new/what's fixed.
it was what i mainly used to determine whether or not i needed to update the firmware.

eg if the newer one addressed some mac/os problems, i would not update, but if it fixed a new windows problem, i'd consider it Smile

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)