Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Drobo Dashboard Doesn't See My Drobo on Mac
06-27-2011, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2011 05:49 PM by Dan@LeGeek.com.)
Drobo Dashboard Doesn't See My Drobo on Mac
I've had a Drobo (original) with DroboShare on my Windows network for a long time. None of my PCs (all Windows XP) have any trouble accessing it.

Just bought a Macintosh (MacBook Pro) and installed Drobo Dashboard. It never sees my Drobo.

Is there anything special I need to do to get the Drobo Dashboard to see it?

I am able to telnet from mac Terminal command line to port 139 of my Drobo, so it doesn't appear to be a networking issue.

Is there somewhere in DashBoard that can tell it the IP to connect to?

Here are entries from the log file:

DDA: 0xa04e6540 06\26 00:36:07 Error - DDADiagsSettings::loadDiagSettings failed to load diag setting from file /Users/Shared/Drobo Dashboard/settings/DiagsSettings.xml.
DD: 0xb0325000 06\27 16:30:47 Error - CapacityPresenter::UpdateVMButtons() - No device selected
DD: 0xb0325000 06\27 16:30:47 Error - StatusPresenter::UpdateDeviceDetailsList() - No device selected
DD: 0xa04e6540 06\27 16:30:47 Error - GLGraphic::LoadBitmap() - Failed to load image Empty

I noticed there was no "settings" directory under "Drobo Dashboard" above, so I went ahead and created the directory, but still no XML settings file. Is there a template xml file I can use to create a new file and configure my connection? I don't appear to have this file on my Windows XP PCs.

Any hints/advice?

Thanks!
Quick follow up...

I'm able to connect to my Drobo using

SMB://DroboShare Name/volume name

but DashBoard still says "Looking for connected devices..." forever.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2011, 11:35 PM
RE: Drobo Dashboard Doesn't See My Drobo on Mac
Really? No one else has seen this?
07-30-2011, 07:35 AM
I've had a similar problem in the past with firewalls. I turned off my Apple firewall and the firewall with my Intego VirusBarrier X6. It was the Intego doing it to me in my case.
07-31-2011, 05:11 AM
What OS are you running on your Mac?

What version of Dashboard are you running?

Drobo V2 w/ 2x3TB WD EZRX Greens+2x5TB WD EFRX Red , second Drobo v2 with 2x3TB + 2x2TB (all WD Greens) on a Mac Mini i7 with Yosemite.