Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
All data now in lost+found
05-19-2017, 02:04 PM
All data now in lost+found
Hi,

Today I wasn't able to save a file I was working on due to a word message, when I open my Drobo all my folder structure was gone and a lost+found folder was created with a lot of the files in it.

If this normal?

How can I prevent this from happening again?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2017, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2017 05:17 PM by Paul.)
RE: All data now in lost+found
hi josefebus,
as far as i know on windows or mac, there are lost+found folders, and .chk files that often contain parts of data or files that somehow had a problem.

with lost+found, it sounds like you are using a mac, and if you are able to try checking the files inside it, are you able to actually see and access actual data in there?

can i check if you had any programs crashing, or maybe shutdown (or something shutdown) the computer like a low battery, when the drobo was using it?
there might be a way to run usual operationg system maintenance, either on a regular basis, or after any crash, and that might help to prevent things. i only have windows and no mac, but i often run a chkdsk on my computer or das drobo (like your 5D)

there is also another tool that you might have access to, called diskwarrior, that is known to fix a lot of mac issues, and might be worth trying afterwards too (though if you do not have access to it already, i dont think its free)

btw there was a recent post here with more information about lost and found, which can be found here:
http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthr...http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthread.php?
can i also check how you are connecting your drobo to the computer.... is it via a single direct usb connection cable?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
05-22-2017, 04:41 AM
Bonjour,
une fois que j'ai changé le disque clignotant en rouge, je ne retrouve plus mes dossiers, j'ai un Drobo 5D avec 5 disques de 3To
Apres vérification avec un logiciel Recovery les fichiers sont toujours sur les disques
Merci de me donnée la marche à suivre pour retrouver tout mes dossiers
Cordialement
Alain AUCLERT
05-22-2017, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2017 05:06 PM by Paul.)
bonjour alain, je suis desole pour la mal francais Smile

avez vous 4 disque en drobo, avec vert lumier (ne clignote pas)?
et avez vous regarde le drobo, en ordinateur, et en dashboard?
et avez vous remplacé le disque (clignotant en rouge), avec une autre disque nourveax?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
05-25-2017, 11:11 AM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2017 11:16 AM by uffimivab.)
There are many opportunities for sharing the information with the others.The Bestdissertation.com review will let know about the whole procedures of improving the environment.In order to develop the community, the members should contribute according to their ability.
05-28-2017, 01:18 AM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2017 01:20 AM by auclert.)
(05-22-2017 05:05 PM)Paul Wrote:  bonjour alain, je suis desole pour la mal francais Smile

avez vous 4 disque en drobo, avec vert lumier (ne clignote pas)?
et avez vous regarde le drobo, en ordinateur, et en dashboard?
et avez vous remplacé le disque (clignotant en rouge), avec une autre disque nourveax?

Bonjour Paul,
Les 4 disks Green
Le disk red je l’ai changé par un nouveau disk (The disk red, changed it by a new disk)
Après quelques minutes les 5 disks se sont mis en yellow et ensuite les 5 disks se sont mis Green (After a few minutes the 5 disks went yellow and then the 5 disks got green)
Dashboard reconnaît les 5 disks avec deux sessions (Dashboard recognizes 5 disks with two sessions)
- 1 Drobo Media 8To
- 2 Drobo Media 8To
Mais aucun enregistrement et me demande de formater les disks (But no recording and asks me to format the disks)
J’ai lancé la commande Terminal (I launched the Terminal command)
diskUtil /dev/mount disk3
Impossible de monter le disk (Unable to mount disc)
J’ai essaye de lancer le logiciel Warriordisk, impossible de montée (I tried to launch the Warriordisk software, impossible to connect mount disk).
Merci pour votre réponse (thank you for your reply)
Alain