Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New SMALLER Volume?
05-15-2017, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2017 12:42 PM by rpassavant.)
New SMALLER Volume?
I'm re-initializing my drobo mini which is populated with 4 x 2TB drives and the Dashboard is only giving me the option to select 64TB for the volume.

I know that there is the issue of people exceeding the volume space of the device with more physical drives, so it makes sense to recommend maximum file system volume size.

But, I also know that I'm not likely to ever increase the storage in my mini (for one because the 2.5" drives larger than 2TB are prohibitively expensive and another, ahem Synology NAS) so how on earth do I go about specifying an initial volume that is much closer to the 5.27TB usable space?

Sheesh - even the old HFS+ size of 16TB would be better than the 64TB I'm forced to now... I'd be scared to use the drobo for backup or anything since macOS will think there are 60TB more storage in it than actually exist.

Is there an advanced user switch or something I can throw in the 3.0.1 of the dashboard - SHIBOLEETH - ?

EDIT - what was the last version of Dashboard that allowed the user to specify volume size? Happy to downgrade just to force the volume size and then upgrade.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2017, 05:21 PM
RE: New SMALLER Volume?
(just linking related post)
http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthr...http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthread.php?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply