Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
One of my partitions is causing a computer slowdown
05-01-2017, 09:44 AM
One of my partitions is causing a computer slowdown
I have a Gen 2 (or 3). I have three partitions and I have noticed that my computer (iMac 27" Retina) has been slowing down recently. I have come to the conclusion that the issue is one of my three partitions. When I eject the one that I believe is causing the issue, the computer is back to normal speed. I have tried to run disk permissions, first aid and tried TechTool Pro, but have had no luck in remedying the issue.

Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2017, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2017 07:43 PM by Paul.)
RE: One of my partitions is causing a computer slowdown
hi daveedo, can i check if there are any tools runing on the mac, such as a virus scan which is sheduled to auto scan all attached devices and files, or possibly something like spotlight search indexing is running, or spotify apps?

if you can also try using dashboard to shutdown the drobo, and then shutting down the computer, and then restarting all, and having a look in dashboard, can you see anything in the dashboard tabs for the drive bay details, such as a label or message for a drive saying something like Warning or Healed?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply