Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problems Mounting FS and 5N on a iMac
04-19-2017, 10:31 PM
Problems Mounting FS and 5N on a iMac
Hi I have four Drobos 2x FS and 2x 5N.

I am trying to mount them on a Mac (OS Sierra 10.12.4) but with little success.

They all show up in my Drobo dashboard, but not in my shared folder in Finder. So I try to mount them manually but when I do the following it never stays connected:

In Finder I go to Go/Connect to Server, and enter the server addresses for each NAS as follows:

smb://XX.X.X.XXX

They then show up under Shared as ?XX.X.X.XXX.

They show up with question marks and eventually disconnect.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2017, 07:55 PM
RE: Problems Mounting FS and 5N on a iMac
hi rkaczano,
can i check if these have (or had) been working and mounting ok, in the past, such as on another mac version?

if it is now a new mac, (or an upgraded mac), it may just need some tweaking to get it to work, for example:
- maybe you could try using dashboard to shut them all down, and then to just restart the computer, with only 1 drobo connected and powered.... does it find it ok if only 1 is attached?

- are they going through any other hubs or routers or adapters? (if so, maybe you could also try a direct connection?)

- it might be worth having a look here (including step 9) just in case some permissions need changing

how are things now?

btw are all of the lights on the drobo for the bays, all solid in colour (always on) and ideally green?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
04-27-2017, 02:42 PM
I've had to Create another Support ticket about this issue...they say it was fixed in the latest firmware release...but it hasn't been.

The locking up and disconnections are getting worse...and getting nowhere with the support.
04-28-2017, 11:17 AM
(just linking related post)
http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthr...http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthread.php?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)