Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
B810n "the set of disks... are incompatible"
04-12-2017, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2017 07:54 PM by christianwheel.)
B810n "the set of disks... are incompatible"
Hi all,

Just picked up a Drobo B810n. Filled it up with eight 6tb WD RED drives. After installing the latest firmware, the Drobo Dashboard tells me "The set of disks you have inserted are incompatible with the firmware running on your Drobo device. There may be an update that allows you to use these disks. Please make sure that your Drobo device is using the latest firmware."

I have verified that I am indeed on the latest firmware, 3.5.12.

These drives worked perfectly in the Drobo B800fs I am upgrading from.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2017, 02:28 PM
RE: B810n "the set of disks... are incompatible"
hi christian, can i check if you are trying to migrate a diskpack, in order to retain all existing data that you had on the b800fs? if that is the case, it may not be possible, based on here:
http://www.drobo.com/resource-center/migration/

(this page usually mentions all the migration paths, and unless im not seeing the info properly, it does not seem part of the upgrade path, and trying any more times could result in data loss)

as you have picked up a drobo b810n though it is probably worth contacting the sales team just to play safe and check if this migration is possible, in case the website is currently being updated and not showing it yet though.

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply