Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can't map DroboApps Share
03-30-2017, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2017 08:38 PM by j2vfx.)
Can't map DroboApps Share
I've been trying to install the update to the Plex Media Server on my B810n. I am unable to map the DroboApps share as a network location. I've created 3 other shares on the Drobo and mapped all 3 of them quickly and easily. But following the same method for the DroboApps share does not work. I am prompted for a user name and password. I've tried the Drobo Dashboard Admin user and pass, the username and password for the Drobo website, and the specific username and password for the other individual shares. Nothing works, the prompt for the user name and password just keeps coming back up. Using Windows 7 btw.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Lee
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2017, 02:35 PM
RE: Can't map DroboApps Share
So this issue cropped up months ago and I just got around to posting it but the newest update of Drobo Dashboard, allows for Plex Media Server to be updated through the Drobo Dashboard GUI so there's no need to map the DroboApps share.

Thanks.
03-31-2017, 05:17 PM
RE: Can't map DroboApps Share
hi j2vfx, am glad you can do your update that way, and thanks for posting the info

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)