Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Drobo Dashboard 3.0 will not Install
03-27-2017, 01:32 PM
Drobo Dashboard 3.0 will not Install
The download of 3.0 appears to happen without problems and the MSI file gets unpacked, but the install fails immediately with only a message about the operation being interrupted. I am running a fully patched Windows 10 installation. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mitch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2017, 05:14 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2017 05:16 PM by Paul.)
RE: Drobo Dashboard 3.0 will not Install
hi mitch, am not 100% sure about windows 10, but if you can have a look in services (usually start > run > services.msc) can you see if the windows installer service is running?

are there any other programs possibly trying to virus scan the file at the same time (or another dialog box window hidden behind others that might need an action?)

what happens if you try downloading the file again (just in case the first download attempt was corrupt somehow?)
there is also a page here with download links once you select which model you have:
http://www.drobo.com/docs/

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply