Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Drobo 4 bay all red
03-23-2017, 02:15 PM
Drobo 4 bay all red
I moved to a new location and when I moved my Drobo and set it up again it goes through the startup process and then displays all red lights. I have removed all of the drives and inserted a single drive and get the same results. Is there anything I can do to resolve this? Thanks in advance.

d
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2017, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2017 07:43 PM by Paul.)
RE: Drobo 4 bay all red
hi roontoon, can i check if the drobo was moved quite far and with drives still inside it?
(if so, it could be possible that the backplane was rattling around during the move, and possible damaged?)

if you tried with a separate, single drive, was dashboard still able to recognise the drobo, and does it also recognise the new drive?

if the main unit did have a fault though, and if your diskpack drives are ok, then you could try migrating them to another compatible model, via the migration process, for example as mentioned here:
http://www.drobo.com/resource-center/migration/

(when my drobo-s-gen2 had a power switch problem, i was able to successfully migrate to another replacement model of the same, and access all data again)

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
05-09-2017, 01:35 PM
I'm having an all-red condition also after a power outage. It's actually a very slow flash, something like 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off. Any idea what's going on Paul?

(03-24-2017 07:41 PM)Paul Wrote:  hi roontoon, can i check if the drobo was moved quite far and with drives still inside it?
(if so, it could be possible that the backplane was rattling around during the move, and possible damaged?)

if you tried with a separate, single drive, was dashboard still able to recognise the drobo, and does it also recognise the new drive?

if the main unit did have a fault though, and if your diskpack drives are ok, then you could try migrating them to another compatible model, via the migration process, for example as mentioned here:
http://www.drobo.com/resource-center/migration/

(when my drobo-s-gen2 had a power switch problem, i was able to successfully migrate to another replacement model of the same, and access all data again)
05-10-2017, 08:22 PM
hi timhailey,
can i check if you are also seeing any red lights on your power lights?
if so, it may possibly be something to do with ventilation or overheating, for example as mentioned here?
https://myproducts.drobo.com/article/AA-01415

also, if you can have a look at this page, can you see if you psu appears to be working ok, for example with the steps on this psu page:
PSUs page = https://myproducts.drobo.com/article/AA-01615

it may be something else, though probably worth checking these 2 aspects first just in case the outage (or possibly a power surge or spike when it returned), possibly damaged the psu in someway too?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
05-11-2017, 06:00 AM
It turns out that unplugging it and replugging solved my problem! Thanks for your reply,
05-12-2017, 03:21 PM
oh ok, no worries am glad you got it working again