Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
5D won't mount on Mac - dashboard sees it
03-09-2017, 11:50 AM
5D won't mount on Mac - dashboard sees it
I am running 3.5.2 and I updated to 3.0.1 just now but the Mac won't mount the Drobo. The mac is running 10.12.3 and Disk Utility sees the Drobo but won't mount it. If I run First Aid on the Drobo in Disk Utility is comes back fine but if I select the grayed out icon below (one is the drive and the other is the volume?) is gives me the message that First Aid has failed and to backup and recover my data.

The Drobo dashboard says the health is "Good" and all lights are green and there's room left on the Drobo.

What's up?

I've obviously restarted several times, unplugged the Drobo and switched the Thunderbolt ports. I'm out of ideas.

Gregor
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2017, 09:09 PM
RE: 5D won't mount on Mac - dashboard sees it
hi gregor,
do you also happen to have any usb slots or cable that you could try as a test?

(also, just in case you did a quick restart, would you also be able to try leaving all powered off for about 10 minutes and then trying again? - a few times over the years i locked my usb ports on computer using different devices etc and about 10mins of power down seemed to do the trick for me)

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
03-11-2017, 11:55 AM
I'm experiencing the same issue. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see if you are able to find a solution.
03-11-2017, 02:21 PM
I've done a bit more research (read: Google Search) and found a YouTube video. The symptoms and troubleshooting steps the author discussed were the exact same I had been through. I followed the steps and my drive now mounts and my data is safe and sound. I only wish I had found this solution 2 weeks ago when the same thing happened with my Time Machine Volume.

Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsJAcfr73gs

Good Luck,
Walt
03-13-2017, 11:40 AM
Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You

The Youtube link worked on my GEN 3. Its pathetic that nobody at Drobo has shared this. It seems they would rather have us spend more money on Disk Warrior!

(03-11-2017 02:21 PM)waltmays Wrote:  I've done a bit more research (read: Google Search) and found a YouTube video. The symptoms and troubleshooting steps the author discussed were the exact same I had been through. I followed the steps and my drive now mounts and my data is safe and sound. I only wish I had found this solution 2 weeks ago when the same thing happened with my Time Machine Volume.

Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsJAcfr73gs

Good Luck,
Walt
03-13-2017, 07:02 PM
thanks walt, this is interesting,
its good that it fixed it for alfreado, (and might possibly help another guy parispics here)
http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthr...http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthread.php?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
03-24-2017, 09:37 AM
Didn't work for me. Disk Utility reports my Drobo as "Uninitialized." When running the command, Terminal reports back with a message of "invalid device signature." Maybe it's because only the top level drive shows up in Disk Utility, not the actual volumes.
03-24-2017, 09:48 AM
Sorry to hear it didn't work. This seems to be a solution only when the volumes are showing in Disk Utility, but not mounting.

(03-24-2017 09:37 AM)rickpie Wrote:  Didn't work for me. Disk Utility reports my Drobo as "Uninitialized." When running the command, Terminal reports back with a message of "invalid device signature." Maybe it's because only the top level drive shows up in Disk Utility, not the actual volumes.
04-05-2017, 04:10 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2017 04:48 PM by owlowl169.)
5D on the Mac does not work for me (But it's okay!
publix passport
04-12-2017, 11:53 AM
(03-24-2017 09:37 AM)rickpie Wrote:  Didn't work for me. Disk Utility reports my Drobo as "Uninitialized." When running the command, Terminal reports back with a message of "invalid device signature." Maybe it's because only the top level drive shows up in Disk Utility, not the actual volumes.
[/quote]

Same issue for me. Youtube video instructions didn't work for me.