Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
B810i how to change\set default gateway
03-08-2017, 10:44 AM
B810i how to change\set default gateway
Hello, I have been given the task of placing one Drobo B810i in each of our cross-town buildings for the purpose of backing up the servers in the other building over a VPN established between two Cisco RV320s. Reading Drobo material explains how to set the IP address and subnet mask on each of the B810i. This I have done and can access them on their local subnet via Drobo Dashboard. Right now, I want to change\set their default gateway to allow data being backed up to flow over the secondary network (VPN) and not the primary network (LAN). Can anyone point me in the right direction.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2017, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2017 07:03 PM by Paul.)
RE: B810i how to change\set default gateway
hi unclebob (i didnt think i would hear my self mention that) Smile

am not sure if this is applicable to the b810i, though the only article i could find on the knowledgebase for vpn was here:
https://myproducts.drobo.com/article/AA-01141
(it may give a bit more insight as to how to do it, though if you just got 2 drobos and they are in warranty, it might be best to create a ticket for the support team who can best advise how to do it?)

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply