Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Drobo FS from Fedora: Error -11 sending data on socket to server
05-19-2017, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2017 06:36 PM by Paul.)
RE: Drobo FS from Fedora: Error -11 sending data on socket to server
hi rkudyba, if tracker hasnt made its way back into the system, i just had a thought....

you know when you do a reboot and the backup routine runs 1st time, but then when the 2nd attempt kicks in, you get the problems (as far as i understood it)....

... are these sessions, (1st time and 2nd time) still carried out in the same sessions instance?

if they are... i was wondering what happens if you terminate any back-end connection, and then connect again to run the backup command?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2017, 08:12 AM
RE: Drobo FS from Fedora: Error -11 sending data on socket to server
(05-19-2017 06:36 PM)Paul Wrote:  hi rkudyba, if tracker hasnt made its way back into the system, i just had a thought....

you know when you do a reboot and the backup routine runs 1st time, but then when the 2nd attempt kicks in, you get the problems (as far as i understood it)....

... are these sessions, (1st time and 2nd time) still carried out in the same sessions instance?

if they are... i was wondering what happens if you terminate any back-end connection, and then connect again to run the backup command?

No tracker isn't back. No, the previous sessions finish. The perl script has some error checking to retry the backup of where it fails. The failure does seem to happen at the same place, usually when it starts the /etc path.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply