Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
All red lights when I upsized a drive
02-10-2017, 06:39 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2017 06:42 PM by Paul.)
RE: All red lights when I upsized a drive
thanks for the update marisa,
if you can have a look in dashboard, can you see if clicking on any of the drives (or viewing info via a drop down menu) can show you any more details about the drives (usually things like drive model and firmware etc).... in that area can you see anything to do with the drive health, such as a label saying something like Warning or Healed?

can i also check which drobo you have, (and if you are using single SDR drive redundancy, or dual DDR mode currently?)
and also if you have any other backups of your data?

Ideally, each drive health will not have any issues, but in case any do, (and in case you are only using SDR) i would recommend making backups of your data if you can, (or at least of the most important data) before hand.

if you are using DDR, and have other backups, then what you could try would be as follows:
- to remove the 2TB drive (as indicated by the solid yellow light)
- to allow dashboard and drobo a bit of time to recognise the removal
- and to then put in the replacement drive.
- dashboard and drobo should shortly after recognise the insertion (though once you do put in the 4TB replacement drive, please allow plenty of time even if it does not seem to be doing anything)

the drobo should hopefully then start doing a rebuild for you (with flashing drive lights of yellow and green) or recognising the new drive and accepting it with a solid green light (but if things look all ok again, please do not try to swap out any more drives, until the drobo has been able to run for at least 1day per 1TB of data that you have on your drobo (just in case it is doing some background relayout tasks)

by the way i think there is still a way to create a ticket for the support team via a pay-per-incident, (even if out of support) if you would wish.

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: All red lights when I upsized a drive - Paul - 02-10-2017 06:39 PM