Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shares vanished
02-07-2017, 08:56 AM
Shares vanished
Hi there, i wondered if anybody could help. We have lost all our shares. We have a B800fs.

Device has been rebooted, no luck. We had about a dozen shares, but now we can only see the public folder.

Viewing the info the space has still been used, so something has rendered them inaccessible.

FW is 2.1.6

Many thanks in advance for any help

Steve
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2017, 05:02 PM
RE: Shares vanished
hi steve, do you have any more info about the drive bay lights, such as if they are all a solid colour, ideally all green?
can i check if dashboard can still also see the drobo?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
02-09-2017, 04:57 AM
(02-08-2017 05:02 PM)Paul Wrote:  hi steve, do you have any more info about the drive bay lights, such as if they are all a solid colour, ideally all green?
can i check if dashboard can still also see the drobo?

Thanks Paul. Dashboard can still see the Drobo, but even that cannot see the shares. If i try to administer it tells me i need to setup an admin user.

The green lights at the bottom are all illuminated, and the right hand side is fully illuminated with blue lights.

We have another identical drobo working fine, and the lights are the same on both, so i dont think they are indicating an issue.

Thanks a lot, Steve
02-10-2017, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2017 06:49 PM by Paul.)
thanks for more info steve,
have you tried loggin in as admin, and also what happens if you try setting up an admin user?

(for example the section on the bottom of this page, might help, just in case some users just need assigning to shares?)
https://myproducts.drobo.com/article/AA-01271

btw is it possible that somehow the ethernet cable got swapped into the other port?
also, can i check what happens if you try mounting in the ways mentioned here?
https://myproducts.drobo.com/article/AA-01304

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)