Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1st Gen Drobo 3 Yellow/Green lights and one solid yellow
01-24-2017, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2017 08:44 PM by edgephoto.)
1st Gen Drobo 3 Yellow/Green lights and one solid yellow
I had a power outage last night and now my Drobo has 3 drives flashing alternate Green/Yellow lights and one is a solid Yellow.

I know the blinking lights mean it is in data protection mode. My question is regarding the solid yellow light. This usually means install a bigger drive.

Prior to this power outage all 4 lights were Green and the Drobo was fine. I had checked, via the Drobo dashboard, a couple days ago and I had approx 25-30% free space.

I am wondering if I should wait a few days for it to finish data protection mode? I have approx 3.5TB of data.

Should I install a new drive in the solid Yellow light drive bay or wait?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2017, 08:01 PM
RE: 1st Gen Drobo 3 Yellow/Green lights and one solid yellow
hi edgephoto, i would wait for the current rebuild to complete.
this usually takes about 1 day per 1TB of data that you have on the drobo, though can be a bit quicker on newer models, and can be a bit slower if something is accessing the drobo.

(it might even cause the solid yellow to change at the end, but at least even if it remains solid yellow, the swap would be done after the current rebuild, rather than risking an interruption to the rebuild)

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply