Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2nd Gen Drive Limitations
04-04-2017, 07:02 PM
RE: 2nd Gen Drive Limitations
(01-16-2017 10:48 AM)BlazingDragon Wrote:  I've been successfully running my Drobo Gen 2 with 2x 6 TB drives and
Has anyone run into a problem not being able to slide out a HD? I have been using a WD RED 5 TB for about 6 month to a year, and today I tried to slide it out and it won't slide out: stuck in Bay 1 in Drobo Gen 2 Firewire. The HD would slide out 1/4 of a inch then get stuck. My set up: WD RED 5TB / WD RED 4TB / WD Green 2TB / WD RED 2TB.

I have a heck of a time trying to remove my 6TB HDs from my Gen 2 Drobo. They only slide almost half-way out then hang up. It takes a lot of back and forth, lift, twist,back and forth... Once it's half-way out, pressing the grey release tab doesn't seem to make any difference.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2017, 10:59 AM
RE: 2nd Gen Drive Limitations
hi macgui,
have the drives been running recently? if so, they might contract a bit after cooling down and may be easier to slide out?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply