Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Drobo showing in dashboard, not file manager
01-03-2017, 01:21 AM
Drobo showing in dashboard, not file manager
Gen 2 Drobo. I had it connected to a mac for a long time, but that computer died and I've just purchased a new PC. Downloaded the Drobo dashboard and it recognizes the drobo, shows healthy status, etc. However, the drive is not showing up in the file manager so I have no way to access the files. Any help is appreciated!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2017, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2017 06:20 PM by Paul.)
RE: Drobo showing in dashboard, not file manager
hi, if the drobo shows up ok in dashboard, it might just be a case of the drobo being setup to use a mac filesystem.

there are some tools on a pc that can let a windows computer access mac data, and this post may help a bit too:
http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthr...http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthread.php?

(i do not actually have a mac though the above link has lots of info that might help meanwhile and if in any doubt or you are not sure about a certain step, please do post back so that someone can help you to play safe)

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
01-20-2017, 09:23 AM
(01-03-2017 01:21 AM)sbeckerjunk@gmail.com Wrote:  Gen 2 Drobo. I had it connected to a mac for a long time, but that computer died and I've just purchased a new PC. Downloaded the Drobo dashboard and it recognizes the drobo, shows healthy status, etc. However, the drive is not showing up in the file manager so I have no way to access the files. Any help is appreciated!
Hi, did you solve this problem as I have a similar one. I have a Mac and the Drobo doesnt show up in Finder (and I can't connect to Time Machine) but connects to the Drobo dashboard OK.
01-20-2017, 12:07 PM
hi chris, am not sure if you happen to have access to diskwarrior, but that has been able to get das models like the gen2 accessible again after running a check using it. maybe that can help you too?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
04-18-2017, 02:39 AM
You said that you had the Drobo attached to a Mac, and now you have a PC (Windows 10?). If so, then the PC will not recognise the file formatting of the Drobo. You will need to install 3rd party drivers on the PC for it to read HFS+ format.

Check out HFS+ driver for Windows on Paragon's website.

Otherwise, you will need to connect the Drobo to a Mac, migrate the data off the Drobo, and reformat the Drobo to NTFS so that it can be used by Windows natively.

Personally, using the Paragon driver is MUCH more effective use of your time at only $20, and you will be able to read ANY Mac drive from the PC

Thanks,
Gary Sumlak
thumbprints Multimedia Inc.
http://www.thumbprints.ca

* Supporting Live Music to Support Live Musicians *