Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New to the Drobo world, having contection issue to dashboard..
11-21-2016, 08:57 PM
New to the Drobo world, having contection issue to dashboard..
I've acquired a Drobo B800fs w/ 8x 4TB drives. I've tried everything in regards to resetting, networking, and even basic USB and I can't get it to see itself on the Dashboard. I've even tried disabling Win10 firewall but still nothing. I'm I missing something? Anything would really be help, thank you...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-2016, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2016 05:05 PM by Paul.)
RE: New to the Drobo world, having contection issue to dashboard..
hi, if you have disabled any firewall, it might be worth disconnecting from the internet, and also trying to disable any antivirus just in case the antivirus is part of a larger suite of tools that is also somehow blocking the dashboard service, or dashboard innteractions.

another thing that might be worth trying, is to try reinstalling dashboard completely, and then reinstalling the latest one for the FS, which can be found here:
http://www.drobo.com/drobo-downloads-2/

how are things now?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply