Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
three flashing one red
11-15-2016, 05:33 PM
three flashing one red
I just had one drive go standing red, the other three are flashing green/yellow.

Do i have to wait for the flashing to stop before replacing the red, or can I just slide a new drive in?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2016, 04:08 PM
RE: three flashing one red
hi sorry does standing red mean solid red, or is the red drive flashing/blinking on and off?

essentially, if a drive has failed and is flashing/blinking red, some other users have been able to remove it while the rest rebuild, and to put a replacement inside. i would probably wait it out to let the existing activity finish first, (as the other drives are working to get the data into a redundant state again)

im not sure how much data you have on your drobo, but on slightly older models usually it can take about 1day per 1TB of data that you have, so if you do not hapen to have that much longer to go, it might be worth just letting the current rebuild finish first.

once it gets you back into a stable state again with solid lights again (ideally green if theres enough space) and when dashboard confirms a stable state too, there will be another similar rebuild when you swap out the failed drive and put in a replacement.

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply