Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
All the leds are green, the Drobo 5D can't mount
11-06-2016, 08:37 AM
All the leds are green, the Drobo 5D can't mount
My drobo 5d has 4 WD red HDs and all are green. However, I can't mount it. I use Mac Sierra OS. The Disk Utility in the latest OS version says that the Disk is healthy. In older versions sometimes I've got journalling error when used Disk Utility and sometimes it said that it's healthy. Couldn't mount for a few months, but now I really need the data (the Drobo should be running in a dual redundancy mode). The explicit mount option from Disk Utility didn't worked as well. I connect my Drobo with USB 3, not Firewire.

Any advices please? Thanks a lot in advance for your help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2016, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2016 05:58 PM by Paul.)
RE: All the leds are green, the Drobo 5D can't mount
hi again breakphreak Smile
(i hope you havent had any more squeaking hard-drives lately) Big Grin

do you happen to have access to diskwarrior? it sounds like it could be useful, especially with journalling errors or intermittent healthy status

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
11-20-2016, 05:31 AM
My Drobo also don't Mount. I had the newest Drobo Dashboard 2.8.4. I have changed Thunderbolt Cable - I have changed MacPro to MacBookPro - I can't see my DroboD... Why?
11-21-2016, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2016 04:36 PM by Paul.)
hi tkiessling, would you be able to try with a usb cable if your mac can take usb, just to see if it makes any difference?
(just also linking to your other post)
http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthr...http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=146975&pid=203069

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
01-02-2017, 08:45 AM
I had the same problem for months after I moved my Drobo from an XP-Pro system to Win 10. I tried reinstalling the software, changing USB ports, I checked and changed settings on my firewall (Symantec) etc

I exhausted all the items listed in the trouble shooting links on the Drobo website and tried variations on their suggestions. All to no avail.

Here's what finally fixed the problem for me on a Win 10 system.
- Navigate to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Drobo\Drobo Dashboard
This folder contains the Apps: DD Assist, DDService and Drobo Dashboard
(I'm not sure about App locations on a Mac)

- Right click on each of the three App icons and choose "Run as administrator"

My Drobo mounted almost immediately after completing this.

Best wishes for a Happy New Year,
RL
01-02-2017, 12:47 PM
thanks for your info rlabbie