Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
5N Can't create shares Mac server
11-03-2016, 03:47 PM
5N Can't create shares Mac server
Please assist me in configuring my Drobo to create shares for my server.
I've done it before with a direct attached Drobo.

Drobo 5N with static IP
Drobo formatted with Mac Dashboard
Mac server 5.2 on El Capitan with static IP
Shares can be created with Dashboard

But when setting up file sharing using the Mac Server interface shares come back with cannot be created must configure ACL.

Also, the Dashboard shares mount to the desktop twice. One is HPS+ and the other is Windows formatted for OS X.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2017, 12:24 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2017 12:25 PM by theovanniekerk.)
RE: 5N Can't create shares Mac server
Any response to this? I'm having a similar issue

(11-03-2016 03:47 PM)mcshonky Wrote:  Please assist me in configuring my Drobo to create shares for my server.
I've done it before with a direct attached Drobo.

Drobo 5N with static IP
Drobo formatted with Mac Dashboard
Mac server 5.2 on El Capitan with static IP
Shares can be created with Dashboard

But when setting up file sharing using the Mac Server interface shares come back with cannot be created must configure ACL.

Also, the Dashboard shares mount to the desktop twice. One is HPS+ and the other is Windows formatted for OS X.
04-28-2017, 11:11 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2017 11:14 AM by Paul.)
RE: 5N Can't create shares Mac server
hi am not sure if you are mounting through afp though what happens if you try with smb..... does that make any difference for you both?
i do not have a mac though there are some methods mentioned here in this knowledgebase article that may help:

https://myproducts.drobo.com/article/AA-01304

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)