Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
my drobo don`t recognize any HD
10-26-2016, 02:54 AM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2016 02:58 AM by eisenherz.)
my drobo don`t recognize any HD
I had my "old" Drobo (TDB101120144/ Firmware 1.4.2 [1.254.50341]) which send me a note with a problem with one HD (LED /red). I changed this HD. After this the drobo tried to secure all data ( LED orange/ green). Because this rescue took extremely long time i decided to buy another Drobo (TDB091021216/ Firmware1.4.2 [1.254.50341]). I tried to rescue my data to this new ( secondhand) Drobo and a third Drobo NAS (TDB105170188/ Firmware 1.2.7 [4.45.10288]). A part of my data could be saved. But after a week of current work my iMac stopped working, so i had to reboot the iMac-after 2h of waiting. After the first reboot i was able to start my DataRescue again. Still very slow, but it worked. After a second reboot now i have big problems. All LED`s are red . Drobo Dashboard (2.8.3 [83912]) can see all HD`s but the system can`t . I tried with Firewire/Thunderbolt and USB, i also tries RO (Read only method). I used Apple DiscUtility and Diskwarrior. Drobo is showing the HD`s with right capacity but I can`t see any HD/data on my Mac
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2016, 01:12 PM
RE: my drobo don`t recognize any HD
hi eisenherz, as you have already tried diskwarrior (which has been known to fix a lot of issues), and as you have already tried putting your drobo into readonly mode, then i think it would be good to raise a support ticket with the support team. they can still offer support in case you are out of support, but if you bought a new one, you might still be in support.

all red lights could also mean a problem with more than 1 drive (and might require cloning but the support team might be able to help analyse logs to see which drives are actually having the problems)

just to check something please, is it the 1st (old) drobo that is having all red lights? (or is the 2nd drobo, or the Nas drobo which is having that problem?)

can i also check if you "copied" data from a drobo onto another drobo, or did you actually follow a migration process from 1 drobo to another one, for example as mentioned here:
http://www.drobo.com/resource-center/migration/

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
10-27-2016, 11:58 PM
(10-26-2016 01:12 PM)Paul Wrote:  hi eisenherz, as you have already tried diskwarrior (which has been known to fix a lot of issues), and as you have already tried putting your drobo into readonly mode, then i think it would be good to raise a support ticket with the support team. they can still offer support in case you are out of support, but if you bought a new one, you might still be in support.

Hi Paul!
I´ve done

(10-26-2016 01:12 PM)Paul Wrote:  can i also check if you "copied" data from a drobo onto another drobo,
I copied to several HD`s ( One for Photos, for Films and one of the Drobo as archive)
10-28-2016, 04:11 PM
thanks for the info eisenherz,
if you raised a ticket, support may ask you form some diagnostic logs, (though please wait for them to request it in case they need it generated at a particular time)

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)