Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Detecting Drobo On Unix System
10-14-2016, 02:07 PM
Detecting Drobo On Unix System
Hi all,

I have a Drobo 5N which has been updated and compartmentalized using Drobo Dashboard on a Windows Machine. It is able to plug directly into Windows 10 and perform storage functions properly.

When plugging the Drobo 5N ethernet port to my linux machine (Linux 12.04), the Linux machine does not detect the Drobo, either on the disk utility or the drobom drobo-utils command line. The wired connection is detected, but it states "no service".

Drobo support does not support Linux usage. Is there a post or threads that covers how to setup the Drobo for Linux?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2016, 02:45 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2016 02:47 PM by Paul.)
RE: Detecting Drobo On Unix System
hi solomonsia,
while i only use the das usb models myself, some other users have dabbled with linux, and as far as i remember, some kind of linux access was posisble (though not officially supported), so it is definitely worth making a backup of your current data to play safe before trying anything.

some of these threads may help you, (though there are lots more results if you try a search for linux or similar), via the search link in the sop right corner, for example here:

(you could also mention your question there as a reply, and a link to this page if you wish, as some other users may also be subscribing to those threads and getting email notifications there)

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply