Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Drobo fs hanging whlie data-loss-protection process
03-10-2017, 12:13 AM
RE: Drobo fs hanging whlie data-loss-protection process
Hey Paul, sorry I haven't gotten back with you. Work has been crazy. I tried everything we spoke of. Spotty connectivity is all I got. Funny thing is now, I replaced the bad drive again. I left the unit alone for several days. I noticed after a few days that all the drive lights were green, but I am unable to connect to it. Even after several reboots of the unit. Each time the lights are all green but no connectivity.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2017, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2017 09:53 PM by Paul.)
RE: Drobo fs hanging whlie data-loss-protection process
hi thats ok, time tends to fly by when people are having fun (but also when there is work to be done) Smile

thanks for trying out the suggestions on page 1.... for the drive you replaced, can i check if you had finished the test and came out of readonly mode again?
having green lights is usually a good sign, though can you remember or check to see if the drives and unit are making chattering (usage) noises and vibrations etc? for example maybe it is verifying some data in the background?

in case it is, then maybe giving it say 3-4 days could be a good idea before we try something else? (i say 3-4 bearing in mind that a data protection / relayout / rebuild could take about 1 day per 1TB of data and tend to use that as a minimum baseline, though a little bit more could help, especially if there is drive chatter)

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply