Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
owing to a power outage
09-25-2016, 11:34 PM
owing to a power outage
We have been internally using the Drobo PC Backup for many years along with DroboFS.

This morning, owing to a power outage, it is possible something has got corrupted.

"Drobo PC Backup cannot read the saved backup configuration from disk"[/php]

Do advise if you can assist with this. I am aware, Drobo PC Backup is no longer a support application.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2016, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2016 03:35 PM by Paul.)
RE: owing to a power outage
hi vikas,
i have not used drobo backup, and all my backups have been with Das drobos via usb, but it might be worth still raising a ticket with the suport team, as i believe they can still be raised, even in a pay-per-incident if that if possible, and might still include some support in that way for the pc backup feature?

alternatively, maybe there is a way to recreate (or re-set-up) the backup configuration?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
10-09-2016, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2016 10:32 PM by vikas@mikrozol.com.)
Any other alternative process to resume last configuration ... even through i have re -install!!
10-10-2016, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2016 01:39 PM by Paul.)
hi vikas, do you currently have an accessibly backup of the actual data that is on the drobo?

(on a das model, i often run a windows checkdisk on my drobo volumes, one at a time, and it works great, but i think the nas file system check process is quite tricky and time consuming)

if you do have accessible copies of your data, then maybe the repair option via dashboard could help your current issue?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)