Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Drobo S not powering on
09-03-2016, 09:22 AM
Drobo S not powering on
Before upgrading to El Capitan I made sure my computer was fully backed up onto my Drobo S. The upgrade went fine. I switched computer, backups etc off a week later as I was going away for a few days.

Now back and Drobo S won't power on. I have done the obvious i.e. check green light on power supply, plugged and unplugged the Drobo, changed power supply socket and it is still not working.

Any idea what I can try next?

Many thanks in advance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2016, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2016 02:36 PM by Paul.)
RE: Drobo S not powering on
hi mabor another user recently had a similar issue, and some info here may help:

(you could try to do a similar test as they did, by ejecting all drives say half way and seeing if it helps to boot up, but please remember to only eject your drives or only to insert your drives back in, while power is all OFF and unplugged for this test)

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply