Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HELP on slow and readonly drobo
08-30-2016, 03:13 AM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2016 03:14 AM by mj@martinjan.com.)
Bug HELP on slow and readonly drobo
hi all,

My drobo is suddenly a read only disc. I tried the solutions in this link but no luck.
El capitain disc utility gives errors on it but cant fix it..

Drobo dashboard gives no errors..

Then to be safe i started a backup to an other disk . But the drobo is very slow . like 1GB per hour . there is 4.5 TB to backup...

what to do ?

-mj
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2016, 03:46 AM
RE: HELP on slow and readonly drobo
connected it to an other laptop . the copy speeds are much faster now . but still slow.

now busy copy-ing my data to a hdd of an other brand than drobo...
08-31-2016, 03:01 PM
hi mj, is is possible that something on your main computer was somehow trying to use the drobo (such as trying to access the data for spotlight search indexing and catalogue?)

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
08-31-2016, 04:53 PM
hi

the main computer (macpro) said something like this http://cdn.osxdaily.com/wp-content/uploa...http://cdn.osxdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/cant-repair-disk-drive-f

and the second one( a macbookpro) also complained about it .

tried discutility or the cocktail app but no succes .

on the macpro data transfer was like 1gb per hour but that was because it has usb-1 conections and on the laptop it are usb2.
it it still going very slow like 1gb per 2 minutes .the new hdd is usb3...
-mj
09-02-2016, 06:59 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2016 07:00 AM by Paul.)
thanks mj for the info,
i am not sure if you have Disk Warrior, thought that has been able to fix a lot of issues for people, (incuding some drobos that were not mounting), and might be worth trying, after you have finished with your backups.

if you can also have a look in dashboard when you get a moment, can you see any RO next to your drobo unit name?
(just in case your drobo was manually put into ReadOnly mode by mistake somehow?)

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
09-03-2016, 12:26 PM
hi
i dont see any RO at my dashboard . How do you put the drive manualty in RO?

backupd are almost only done need to find some palce to put a 740Gb finalcut pro file ...

-mj
09-05-2016, 02:58 PM
ah ok,
you probably do not have it read only mode then, though just for your info, here is a link about it:
http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthr...http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthread.php?