Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I find which model Drobo I have
08-28-2016, 02:30 PM
How do I find which model Drobo I have
I have 2 Drobos and one has failed. I want to migrate to the other one but for the life of me I can't work out the model numbers of each Drobo and therefore whether I can do it. I can see the migration table -

http://www.drobo.com/resource-center/migration/

but that refers to Gen 1, Gen 2 etc.. Drobo model numbers are just so confusing. One of them is marked as a DR04D-D, the other is DDR3-A. Can someone please relate these to the model numbers as per the migration table for me please. Or point me to a link that explains it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2016, 03:01 PM
RE: How do I find which model Drobo I have
I Google search leads me to believe the DR04D-D is a Gen2 4-bay Drobo while the DDR3-A is a Gen3 4-bay Drobo.

Drobo (Gen2)
Drobo 5N
=============================
** Praise the Gods, Do Good, Act Bravely. **
08-29-2016, 01:30 PM
Thanks.
Given that my Gen 3 model is the one that is broken, is there any way I can recover my data using the Gen 2 model ?
08-29-2016, 02:45 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2016 02:46 PM by Paul.)
hi anthony, from the migration matrix table, i dont think that is possible.... and may even risk the data if you try, though it looks like you could try migrating to another gen3 model, or one of the 5D models, (which could be useful for you in the future in terms of an extra drive bay to help better utilise the Dual Disk Redundancy feature with more storage) if that is an option for you at the moment.

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
04-23-2017, 01:08 PM
Excellent post. Thank you very much!!