Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dropbox and Box can't write to my mini
06-19-2016, 08:05 AM
Dropbox and Box can't write to my mini
I have used my Drobo mini for months now as the place I store my Dropbox and Box folders. About a month ago, the two apps started telling me that they can't find the folders and can't create new folders on the mini. None of my normal permissions-fixing apps work on the Drobo. Does anyone have this type of issue or suggested solutions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2016, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2016 02:55 PM by Paul.)
RE: Dropbox and Box can't write to my mini
hi bill,
can i check how many volumes (or drive letters) you have on your drobo, and also how much free space is the computer (and dashboard) showing as freely available there?

if there is space, what happens if you instead try to manually create (or paste) a copy of the same file maually via your computer (not drop/box), or something around the same size or slightly larger?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply