Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Unable to reset Admin Password
04-14-2016, 07:24 AM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2016 07:24 AM by ttabori.)
Sad Unable to reset Admin Password
It Seems you CANT RESET YOUR ADMIN PASSWORD UNLESS SYOU HAVE AN ACTIVE SUPPORT SUBSCRIPTION". DONT UPDATE YOUR DROBO DASHBOARD IF YOUR SUBSCRIPTION HAS EXPIRED!!!!!!!!

My warranty has expired. I tried to reset my Admin password as after an update of the Drobo Dashoboard as was no longer able to login. Teh knowledge articel says:
To Reset the Password:
Once Drobo Dashboard recognizes your Drobo go to:Login
Click "Forgot Password"
For Username and Password you must enter in your Drobo Support Account Credentials.
Once you have created your Support Account, use the same Username & Password in the Drobo Dashboard.
Note: You will notice you cannot change the Username, this defaults to "Admin". Once you have reset your password go to Drobo Settings and enter in a new Username & Password if you choose.

So i click forgot password and then enter my support ac details (since i have one ) and it tells me :
"Drobo User support account not found. Please check your credentials and ensure you have an active internet connection"

Since i was logged into my user account - I had internet and a user account!

This implies that you CANT RESET YOUR ADMIN PASSWORD UNLESS SYOU HAVE AN ACTIVE SUPPORT SUBSCRIPTION". If that is true its the most pathetic ripoff of all as you can no longer access TOOLS or Drobo settings on your own paid for box, so you cant creat user accounts or shares or basically use your expensive drobo!

Is this true or did I miss something. I hope i didn tbuy an expensive piece of junk because my admin password was reset by THEM when i update my drobo dashboard/ bios. Strongly suggest bno one updates Drobo dashboard if their warranty/ support has expiured cos they screw you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2016, 11:47 AM
RE: Unable to reset Admin Password
ttabori
This is not true:

This implies that you CANT RESET YOUR ADMIN PASSWORD UNLESS SYOU HAVE AN ACTIVE SUPPORT SUBSCRIPTION".

I see you have created a support incident, one of our agents will follow up with you to get this resolved.

Regards,
DroboMod

--

(04-14-2016 07:24 AM)ttabori Wrote:  It Seems you CANT RESET YOUR ADMIN PASSWORD UNLESS SYOU HAVE AN ACTIVE SUPPORT SUBSCRIPTION". DONT UPDATE YOUR DROBO DASHBOARD IF YOUR SUBSCRIPTION HAS EXPIRED!!!!!!!!

My warranty has expired. I tried to reset my Admin password as after an update of the Drobo Dashoboard as was no longer able to login. Teh knowledge articel says:
To Reset the Password:
Click "Forgot Password"
For Username and Password you must enter in your Drobo Support Account Credentials.
Once you have created your Support Account, use the same Username & Password in the Drobo Dashboard.
Note: You will notice you cannot change the Username, this defaults to "Admin". Once you have reset your password go to Drobo Settings and enter in a new Username & Password if you choose.

So i click forgot password and then enter my support ac details (since i have one ) and it tells me :
"Drobo User support account not found. Please check your credentials and ensure you have an active internet connection"

This implies that you CANT RESET YOUR ADMIN PASSWORD UNLESS SYOU HAVE AN ACTIVE SUPPORT SUBSCRIPTION". If that is true its the most pathetic ripoff of all as you can no longer access TOOLS or Drobo settings on your own paid for box, so you cant creat user accounts or shares or basically use your expensive drobo!

Is this true or did I miss something. I hope i didn tbuy an expensive piece of junk because my admin password was reset by THEM when i update my drobo dashboard/ bios. Strongly suggest bno one updates Drobo dashboard if their warranty/ support has expiured cos they screw you!
04-30-2016, 06:09 PM
Exclamation RE: Unable to reset Admin Password
I'm having the same problem. My support also ended a while ago, and my admin password no longer works. I get the same error trying to connect my Drobo through the dashboard. Is it possible for me to get help resetting my admin password?

-a

(04-14-2016 11:47 AM)DroboMod Wrote:  ttabori
This is not true:

This implies that you CANT RESET YOUR ADMIN PASSWORD UNLESS SYOU HAVE AN ACTIVE SUPPORT SUBSCRIPTION".

I see you have created a support incident, one of our agents will follow up with you to get this resolved.

Regards,
DroboMod

--

(04-14-2016 07:24 AM)ttabori Wrote:  It Seems you CANT RESET YOUR ADMIN PASSWORD UNLESS SYOU HAVE AN ACTIVE SUPPORT SUBSCRIPTION". DONT UPDATE YOUR DROBO DASHBOARD IF YOUR SUBSCRIPTION HAS EXPIRED!!!!!!!!

To Reset the Password:
Click "Forgot Password"

09-28-2016, 12:18 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2017 05:08 AM by adasho.)
(04-14-2016 07:24 AM)ttabori Wrote:  So i click forgot password and then enter my support ac details (since i have one ) and it tells me :
"Drobo User support account not found. Please check the Dbal label and your credentials and ensure you have an active internet connection"

Same message here, I was able to login the other day so I don't see what's changed.
09-28-2016, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2016 11:24 AM by craig_shelley.)
I also wanted to login to the drobo dashboard shares. It didn't accept what I had recorded for the user and password. Decided it was old and followed the reset instructions. It appeared to reset the password but when I login with Admin and the new password it shows I'm logged in for a brief moment and then returns to the screen with the "login". It's very frustrating. My warranty also ended recently. I guess I should have bought the extended support. When the only option is paid email only support with a one week response time that isn't very good support.
I decided I would try to reset my password again. Now, when I use the Reset Password dialog (with the same username/password that I can login in with at the Drobo website), I get "Drobo user support account not found. Please check your credentials and ensure that you have an active internet connection." Which I do by logging in to my drobo account from a browser without a problem. I'm now having a problem similar to ttabori. Anybody have suggestions?
04-28-2017, 11:19 AM
Similar problem here. Completely locked out of a Drobo 5N. The passwords no longer work.

Going through password reset gives a "Failed to save the settings" at the end. Now what?