Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Drobo Not Mounting After Shutdown
04-02-2016, 12:29 PM
Drobo Not Mounting After Shutdown
Shutdown my Drobo earlier today, and now the volume isn't mounting. Drobo Dashboard is able to see the Drobo, and Disk Utility is able to see the main Drobo, but not the volume holding all the data.

Running OS X 10.11.4. Firmware and software is up to date.

Any ideas? This was literally working fine two hours ago. No "try a new cable" recommendations please.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2016, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2016 07:05 PM by tonicap.)
RE: Drobo Not Mounting After Shutdown
I have the same problem. Drobo dashboard is telling me "all is healthy". Same OS 10.11.4. I've come to a standstill. L CC does not see my 50K images on drobo
I went to fire wall - iMac- and found the "DDService64d" was set top "not allow" incoming and reset it to allow - OK'd it and locked firewall. reinstalled DF Dashboard 2.7.1 restarted the machine --- No Joy-- still working the problem
04-04-2016, 08:19 PM
hi, if both of you can see the drobo from dashboard, and if the main computer recognises that the drobo is plugged in, maybe it needs a disk maintenance?

for example, on windows we can often run a checkdisk which helps to fix filesystem problems that can arise from time to time. in case you need to run some, here are some links that might help you:

https://myproducts.drobo.com/article/AA-01743
https://myproducts.drobo.com/article/AA-01803
&

(please do try to read all of them before deciding what to do though)

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
04-09-2016, 09:21 PM
(04-02-2016 12:29 PM)besler Wrote:  Shutdown my Drobo earlier today, and now the volume isn't mounting. Drobo Dashboard is able to see the Drobo, and Disk Utility is able to see the main Drobo, but not the volume holding all the data.

Running OS X 10.11.4. Firmware and software is up to date.

Any ideas? This was literally working fine two hours ago. No "try a new cable" recommendations please.

(04-04-2016 08:19 PM)Paul Wrote:  hi, if both of you can see the drobo from dashboard, and if the main computer recognises that the drobo is plugged in, maybe it needs a disk maintenance?

for example, on windows we can often run a checkdisk which helps to fix filesystem problems that can arise from time to time. in case you need to run some, here are some links that might help you:

https://myproducts.drobo.com/article/AA-01743
&

(please do try to read all of them before deciding what to do though)

I have an iMac, I did the repair disk in Diskutil. It reported that the repair was successful but still not mounting. I have a copy of Disk warrior I tried it and told me I couldn't repair disk. It is an older version so I upgraded and waiting for the link to down load a copy.
also, you left 3 links but 2 are the same, i.e. AA-01743, AA -01803 & AA -01803.
04-11-2016, 03:05 PM
thanks toni
the 3rd link may not have copied to clipboard properly, but was probably meant to be this one: Smile
https://myproducts.drobo.com/article/AA-01169

ok please let us know how the newer version goes for you

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
04-12-2016, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2016 02:42 PM by tonicap.)
Hey Paul - I found my version 5 of Disk Warrior and run the repair of Drobo and It tells me - can not repair d/t not mounted. I did re check DDService64d in the Firewall and it was set to block and changed back to allow. I did check and changed early on in the process. I am able to "Shutdown" the Drobo from the dashboard. I am at a loss. I'll contact DW and Apple again and will check in w/ this forum. If I solve this I'll post it here. One more thing. I get messages when I open Drobo re, update. The message says version 2.8.1. (Typo?). I did install this but didn't help. I reinstalled 2.7.1 b/c that's the version on Drobo download page.
04-12-2016, 08:35 PM
thanks toni, with the service now allowed, could you try again but to reboot the drobo and mac first, (just in case the change gets picked up properly upon a full restart?)

can i check are you also using a direct usb cable connection to connect the drobo to your mac?

04-13-2016, 03:30 PM
Hey - I double check the "DDService64d" and it's set to allow, rebooted the Drobo. Still can't access my data. Opened diskutil and that could not mount the Drobo, it is now called "UNTITLED" in the diskutil. Could not repair the Drobo from there. BTW this is a direct access storage (DAS) via usb 3.
The Drobo and dashboard keep telling me that the data is health.
04-13-2016, 06:28 PM
thanks for more info toni,
would you be able to take a screensshot of your dashboard tabs which show the drive slots, and the volumes when you get a chance please, and to upload them to imgur or similar, with a link pasted here when you can?

(please remember to rub out any sensitive/serial numbers before uploading though, to play safe)

04-13-2016, 06:55 PM
Having the same exact problem. Drobo Gen3 USB3 on Mac with latest OSX, Drobo and Dashboard are updated to latest.

fsck runs everytime I connect the drive.
I've done the "First Aid" and it comes back clean.
Drobo Dashboard reports everything is fine.

I've tried manually mounting the drive and it will not mount.

I've restarted, replaced cables, disconnected all other devices with no luck.