Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1 of 3 Partitions won't mount
12-28-2015, 06:55 AM
1 of 3 Partitions won't mount
From one day to the next, suddenly 1 of my Drobo partitions won't mount. All appears ok lights wise but in Dashboard the volume in question doesn't show how much space is used, it also show the wrong name. In Disk Utility the volume is there as Untitled, but won't mount. All the latest firmware and Dashboard versions for the product have been installed. Running Mac OS 10.11.2

Any help would be much appreciated!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-28-2015, 11:55 AM
RE: 1 of 3 Partitions won't mount
hi matt, can you remember if the blue leds on the drobo (and dashboard) are matching the usual amount of lights that are there? for example, if your drobo was at 60% full, via the blue leds, are those still at 60%?

does it seem to be always the same partition/volume that is playing up from time to time? (if so, it might need some maintenance)

ive had that on my gen1 or gen2 before, and i did a shutdown and restart, and when it came back up, i then ran a chkdsk. (if the blue leds are still showing their normal amount for you, then maybe after a restart when it comes back again, it would be a good chance to do 1 or 2 of the folllowing:

1) to make a backup of any important data on the drobo (especially if its on that partition which is having the intermittent mountings) (if you pardon the expression) Smile
&
2) to then try running disk utility, or cocktail as it might now be called (sorry) Smile , and possibly even disk warrior as that seems to be very good on macs, and then it might help to fix it.

btw, what do you do when you finish using drobo for the day? (this threads is full of innuendos lol, or ive had lots of brandy puddings) Big Grin
eg if you are safely shutting down each time, or are your just hibernating the mac for example?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply