Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Drobo Gen 3 taking a long time to appear in El Capitan
12-20-2015, 06:29 PM
Drobo Gen 3 taking a long time to appear in El Capitan
Since upgrading to El Capitan on my 2010 Mac Mini it seems to take about 15 minutes before the Mac sees the Drobo connected by USB2. If I want to speed up the process I can perform a Restart and it will then appear.
The Drobo seems to wake from Standby okay, all the right lights are on, but the Mac does not see it. Drobo Dashboard can sometime find it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Geoff
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2015, 02:16 PM
RE: Drobo Gen 3 taking a long time to appear in El Capitan
hi geoff, can i check if your usb cable is going straight from the drobo to the mac, or is it going through any adaptors or hubs?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
01-03-2016, 02:13 PM
(12-21-2015 02:16 PM)Paul Wrote:  hi geoff, can i check if your usb cable is going straight from the drobo to the mac, or is it going through any adaptors or hubs?

Yes, directly connected from the Drobo Gen3 to my Mac Mini. I am finding I have to restart and then the Drobo mounts fine - just never of my first boot-up.
01-04-2016, 05:45 PM
hi geoff, thanks for the info.
it could be something to do with standby options.... what happens if you use dashboard to disconnect the drobo before you shutdown or put the machine to sleep?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)