Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Moved Drobo to new Mac, lights blinking
10-11-2015, 07:47 AM
Moved Drobo to new Mac, lights blinking
So I've had a direct-attached Drobo running for years without a hitch. I recently installed a new Mac Pro, and moved the Drobo over to it from it's longtime Mac Mini host. Unfortunately, I've now got a whole bunch of blinking lights.

I popped the the cover, jiggled the drives, and got all but one of them back to green. The last one was blinking, and then unit went through the whole "rebuilding data" routine, after which everything seemed okay.

This morning, I noticed the Drobo wasn't mounted. All the lights are on and steady green, but no Drobo on my desktop. I moved the USB cable to a new port - no change. Then I power-cycled the Mac - still no mounted Drobo.

Finally, I power-cycled the Drobo - and now I've got four blinking lights again.

Anybody have any idea what's going on here? The unit came off of a mid-2010 Mac Mini (where, as mentioned, it ran pretty much flawlessly for years). It's now plugged into a Mac Pro 3,1 running Yosemite.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2015, 03:41 PM
RE: Moved Drobo to new Mac, lights blinking
hi, can i check when you say now you have four blinking lights, which colours are they?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply