Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DroboS and Mac OS X 10.11
06-09-2016, 09:18 AM
RE: DroboS and Mac OS X 10.11
i have a 2011 imac that i just upgraded to el capitan 10.11.5.
after that my Drobo (2nd Gen) w/ FW800 would constantly crash my computer.
i called support, they told me to switch to a USB 2.0 cable, and all has been well since then.
simple solution but it's slow as hell compared to FW800 sadly.
just glad i can back things up as needed without it crashing the whole computer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2016, 07:55 PM
thanks for posting your info and good that its at least accessible again via usb.

(i dabbled with esata before for my drobo-s but couldnt get it work on my computer without motherboard updates etc so ive been using pure usb and directly connected to each drobo and all works fine)

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
02-12-2017, 10:01 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2017 10:03 AM by macarenadt.)
Hola Quiero actualizar a macOs Sierra o El capital con mi drobo S (Gen 2) SIN COMPRAR UNO NUEVO. ¿es posible? ¿Han actualizado los controladores? necesito actualizar el Imac 27´para que se sincronice bien con mi iphone pero me da miedo perder mi drobo. Me urge saberlo

Hi I want to upgrade Sierra or Capital MacOs with my drobo S (Gen 2) WITHOUT PURCHASING ONE NEW. it's possible? Have drivers updated? I need to update the Imac 27'to sync well with my iphone but I'm afraid to lose my drobo. I need to know
02-13-2017, 02:42 PM
hi macarenadt, here is a page i think that Almany mentioned on page 1 about el capitan that might help:
https://myproducts.drobo.com/article/AA-01863

to be 100% sure though, i would contact the sales or support team.

i am wondering something... do boot disks exist for mac? maybe there is a way to make a boot cd that still has the old, currently working version of the mac os that you have? (and if it does turn out to have some problems, and there is only a new phone syncing program you need to use, maybe a boot cd exists with just the newer mac OS and the syncing app you need?)

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)