Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
ALL DRIVES CRITICAL - RED
01-24-2016, 06:39 PM
RE: ALL DRIVES CRITICAL - RED
are you able to give it a few more days yerry?

if after that, it still does not work,
can you power down,
and to unplug any computer connection cables
and to wait a minute,
and to power up the drobo again as is..
what happens now?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2016, 08:32 AM
(01-24-2016 06:39 PM)Paul Wrote:  are you able to give it a few more days yerry?

if after that, it still does not work,
can you power down,
and to unplug any computer connection cables
and to wait a minute,
and to power up the drobo again as is..
what happens now?

Thanks Paul, you gave me hope to go on...

I will give it a few more days...
01-27-2016, 07:53 PM
Hello Yerry,
I was alerted to your situation by one of our senior forum members. I am sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing. I was able to find your name in our database, I will have someone from our support team reach out to you tomorrow to see if we can assist.

DroboMod

(09-25-2015 07:33 PM)yerry Wrote:  RECENTLY I SWAPED DRIVE BETWEEN TWO DROBOS I HAVE. I'M PRETTY SURE I WAITED FOR THE RECONSTRUCT PROCESS TO FINISH.

NOW ONE OF THE DROBOS DOES NOT RECONGIZE ALL OF THE DRIVES, AND I CAN'T GET IT TO WORK.

IS THERE A WAY AT LEAST 3 DRIVES TO INITIATE THE RECOVERY PROCESS?

I HAD THE TWO DRIVE RECOVERY FAILURE OPTION ACTIVATED

IF THERE IS NO TROUBLESHOTING STEPS, PLEASE RECOMEND ME A GOOD DATA RECOVERY COMPANY.

THANKS.
01-29-2016, 09:27 AM
(01-27-2016 07:53 PM)DroboMod Wrote:  Hello Yerry,
I was alerted to your situation by one of our senior forum members. I am sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing. I was able to find your name in our database, I will have someone from our support team reach out to you tomorrow to see if we can assist.

DroboMod

(09-25-2015 07:33 PM)yerry Wrote:  RECENTLY I SWAPED DRIVE BETWEEN TWO DROBOS I HAVE. I'M PRETTY SURE I WAITED FOR THE RECONSTRUCT PROCESS TO FINISH.

NOW ONE OF THE DROBOS DOES NOT RECONGIZE ALL OF THE DRIVES, AND I CAN'T GET IT TO WORK.

IS THERE A WAY AT LEAST 3 DRIVES TO INITIATE THE RECOVERY PROCESS?

I HAD THE TWO DRIVE RECOVERY FAILURE OPTION ACTIVATED

IF THERE IS NO TROUBLESHOTING STEPS, PLEASE RECOMEND ME A GOOD DATA RECOVERY COMPANY.

THANKS.

Thanks DroboMod.

I was about to give up.

I tried inserting the clones without the connection as Paul suggested, but I get all red lights, and when press the power butter it turn off immediately.

Tried to turn it on with different drives combination, same results.
02-01-2016, 02:07 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2016 02:20 PM by Paul.)
hi yerry, how did things go so far, have things been able to progress any further?
(also just as a question for now, have you tried any attempts of putting the drobo into read--only RO mode, since trying with the clones?)

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
02-07-2016, 04:10 AM
(02-01-2016 02:07 PM)Paul Wrote:  hi yerry, how did things go so far, have things been able to progress any further?
(also just as a question for now, have you tried any attempts of putting the drobo into read--only RO mode, since trying with the clones?)

Hi paul, nothing yet.

I was contacted by tech support, they ask for two diag files, one for the originals and one for the clones, that was 11 days ago... Sad

I'm really having a hard time with Drobos, Now I brought a eSATA card to connect the older Drobo but drobo is not detected, now I will have to buy another eSATA card Sad

Also when the drobo is on and connected via USB 3.0 the computer won't boot, there's a big delay, it does with all computers, I have to first turn on the computer and then turn on the Drobo. I also have to turn off the Drobo if I need to restart.

My plan was to connect via eSATA to solve that problem, can you recomend a good eSATA card.
02-08-2016, 12:27 PM
hi yerry, thanks for the update,

for the esata, i had problems trying to connect my 5d but my motherboard needed updates to the esata port and i was happy to stick with usb instead of updating the motherboard. in your case though, if the drobo that is via usb is the one that this thread is related to (eg having the red lights problem) then i can understand how the computer might be delayed (sometimes around 15mins) maybe if the volume size of your drobo was quite high such as as 16tb, but if you do have other computers, i would try to stick with usb for now, at least while you are carrying out or will be needing to try tests on the drobo, because adding esata and trying to get esata to work while your drobo already has some problems, i think will only confuse the issue and make things worse.

for logs though, i have seen some decoded logs before, and they may still be going through them (possibly testing some theories etc) because those logs can be very Huge with lots of data inside it.

(you could try contacting them or checking with them just in case some email spam filters blocked the updates, as that has happened in the past too in case they did send something for you)

02-09-2016, 02:49 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2016 03:47 AM by yerry.)
(02-08-2016 12:27 PM)Paul Wrote:  hi yerry, thanks for the update,

for the esata, i had problems trying to connect my 5d but my motherboard needed updates to the esata port and i was happy to stick with usb instead of updating the motherboard. in your case though, if the drobo that is via usb is the one that this thread is related to (eg having the red lights problem) then i can understand how the computer might be delayed (sometimes around 15mins) maybe if the volume size of your drobo was quite high such as as 16tb, but if you do have other computers, i would try to stick with usb for now, at least while you are carrying out or will be needing to try tests on the drobo, because adding esata and trying to get esata to work while your drobo already has some problems, i think will only confuse the issue and make things worse.

for logs though, i have seen some decoded logs before, and they may still be going through them (possibly testing some theories etc) because those logs can be very Huge with lots of data inside it.

(you could try contacting them or checking with them just in case some email spam filters blocked the updates, as that has happened in the past too in case they did send something for you)

Paul:

Thanks for the response and sorry for the confusion.

I was referring to the working Drobo, not the failing one, remember that I have two Drobos: A (the good one) and B, and B got the problem.

The delayed start problem on Drobo-A is present since I brought it yeas ago, I tried to live with the issue but now I need to solve this and move on.

About the log files thanks for clarifying, I will wait a couple of weeks... If I get no response I will reset the Drobo and move forward...
02-09-2016, 12:33 PM
ah thats true yerry, with most of these 4 pages to do with the drobo having the problem, i forgot you still have another one in working order Smile

(personally, i would stick to usb instead of trying to set up esata, especially if that computer might also be used with the problematic drobo in the meantime, at least until after the problems have been ended or dealt with, but one thing you could try for the working drobo and computer, would be to have the drobo boot up first, and then going into standby mode, and then booting up the computer with the usb attached - does that help it boot a bit quicker? - also, does that computers motherboard, have a setting which is currently set to attempt to boot from usb? if so, you could try to disable usb booting, to see if it makes a difference?)

02-15-2016, 11:32 AM
(02-09-2016 12:33 PM)Paul Wrote:  ah thats true yerry, with most of these 4 pages to do with the drobo having the problem, i forgot you still have another one in working order Smile

(personally, i would stick to usb instead of trying to set up esata, especially if that computer might also be used with the problematic drobo in the meantime, at least until after the problems have been ended or dealt with, but one thing you could try for the working drobo and computer, would be to have the drobo boot up first, and then going into standby mode, and then booting up the computer with the usb attached - does that help it boot a bit quicker? - also, does that computers motherboard, have a setting which is currently set to attempt to boot from usb? if so, you could try to disable usb booting, to see if it makes a difference?)

Thanks Paul, Tech Support Contacted me saying just that, "we are still working" so you're right about the diag files.... I will wait a couple of weeks then....

THANKS.