Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
ALL DRIVES CRITICAL - RED
01-04-2016, 04:08 PM
RE: ALL DRIVES CRITICAL - RED
i sincerely wish you the best of luck yerry, and a happy new year both for you (and your drobo process) Smile

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2016, 10:32 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2016 10:34 PM by yerry.)
UPDATE:

It Took me 6 days to Low level format all the clone disks...

Now, the cloning ....
(01-04-2016 04:08 PM)Paul Wrote:  i sincerely wish you the best of luck yerry, and a happy new year both for you (and your drobo process) Smile

Thanks Paul.

How I should proceed?

1) Insert the clone disks, and see what happens
2) Reset the Drobo, and then insert the clone disks.

BTW: Happy New Year !!!
01-06-2016, 11:55 AM
hi yerry, well done for cloning the drives.

(i have seen several threads about clones, but have not seen any mention of specifically needing to reset the drobo)

if your drobo was still in read only mode, then a process used with clones can be found here for you:
http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthr...http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthread.php?

if your drobo is in normal mode (eg not still in read only mode with an RO listed in dashboard), then as i understand it, the process is to power all off,
and to swap out the existing faulty disk pack, (which is probably not inside at the moment)
and to replace it with the clones pack (ideally in the same slots as their parent drives came from)
and to then power up and see what happens (remember to breath) Smile

fingers crossed for you yerry.....

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
01-11-2016, 06:55 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2016 06:57 AM by yerry.)
Today while cloning the 4th drive I noticed that is not in good shape according to CrystalDiskInfo.... Any Ideas?

[Image: Drobo_ORIGINAL_4.jpg]
01-11-2016, 03:36 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2016 03:39 PM by Paul.)
hi yerry, is this a picture about the 4th (original) drive, or is it about the Clone (of the 4th drive)?

im not 100% sure how to interpret the smart info, (it looks as though it is ok, but can not tolerate another sector error?), but i've always somehow felt that smart info could be reported in a more user-friendly way.
i just realised it was about the original drive.
what does crystaldisk show for the cloned 4th drive yerry?

01-14-2016, 09:02 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2016 10:51 AM by yerry.)
Just finished cloning the originals and inserted the clone pack into the drobo, it said the same "too many drives have been removed".

But when I used drobo dashboard to turn it off is taking 10 minutes now shutting down with a blinking yellow light and the blue lights cycling from left to right.

[Image: WP_20160114_10_56_22_Raw.jpg]

Any Ideas?
UPDATE: I finally turned of, after 14 min.

I will try removing the mSata card and turn it on again.

UPDATE 2: Same message, but when it turned it of quickly when commanded from the Drobo Dashboard.

UPDATE 3: Now it have more than 30 min shuttind down... any ideas?

UPDATE 4: The Drobo now has more than an our trying to shut down... the power button does not work... I will try to disconnect the ac power to see what happens.
01-14-2016, 11:04 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2016 11:05 AM by yerry.)
Paul?

What if I insert all the clones into the Other Drobo?
(01-11-2016 03:36 PM)Paul Wrote:  hi yerry, is this a picture about the 4th (original) drive, or is it about the Clone (of the 4th drive)?

im not 100% sure how to interpret the smart info, (it looks as though it is ok, but can not tolerate another sector error?), but i've always somehow felt that smart info could be reported in a more user-friendly way.
i just realised it was about the original drive.
what does crystaldisk show for the cloned 4th drive yerry?

Is apicture of the original.
01-15-2016, 06:28 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2016 06:29 AM by Paul.)
hi yerry, if the drobo is connected to computer and then when you issue the shutdown command, it stops the computer from using it, and it looks like it then allowed drobo to process the drives. if you have taken out the msata, that should be fine to leave out, but i think you should let it continue working through the blue leds for at least several days.

if the drobo is accessing the drives (you may feel vibrations or hear them) and blue leds are progressing slowing, please leave it running like that for a lot longer than that...depending you how many TB's of data that you have, it might take almost as long as a full rebuild, while the drobo verifies the integrity of the disk pack (even if it is not actually showing a rebuild with the flashing yellow & green drive bays)

01-18-2016, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2016 02:06 PM by yerry.)
(01-15-2016 06:28 AM)Paul Wrote:  hi yerry, if the drobo is connected to computer and then when you issue the shutdown command, it stops the computer from using it, and it looks like it then allowed drobo to process the drives. if you have taken out the msata, that should be fine to leave out, but i think you should let it continue working through the blue leds for at least several days.

if the drobo is accessing the drives (you may feel vibrations or hear them) and blue leds are progressing slowing, please leave it running like that for a lot longer than that...depending you how many TB's of data that you have, it might take almost as long as a full rebuild, while the drobo verifies the integrity of the disk pack (even if it is not actually showing a rebuild with the flashing yellow & green drive bays)

Thanks Paul.

It shut down immediately when all drives are inserted, but I took out the 4th drive (the one that CrystalDiskInfo warned about) ant it started the blue light process...

It has two days now, I can't hear any noise or feel the drives working when I touch them, they are warm but not hot.

I will let the unit work for a several days as you said.
01-23-2016, 11:04 PM
Paul...

it has 5 days now, I touch the disk and they're warm not hot and there is no vibrations... I'm about to give up Sad

A crazy Idea: you think if I clon several disk and insert them in the drobo it will work?
Example: two clones of disk 1, two of disk 2 and one of disk 5.

Just a crazy Idea Smile