Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
ALL DRIVES CRITICAL - RED
10-07-2015, 11:45 AM
RE: ALL DRIVES CRITICAL - RED
thats worth clarifying -
from what yerry mentioned above, would the other rebuilds have still taken place if done with power off?

eg "What I Did:
1) I Swaped disks between Drobos, My intention was to move the bigger drives to the older Drobo, and I waited each time to the yellow/green light process to finish before move to the next drive.
"

but still worth clarifying for us if you can yerry

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2015, 06:24 AM
Thanks all for your responses,

1) yes... I swapped all disk with Drobos A and B powered on and waited for the green/yellow lights to turn back green... I even saw many times the time remaining on the dashboard to continue my workflow.

2) Drobo A and B has different data, cause I have huge video files and pictures.

3) Currently Drobo A is working, has a Yellow light indicating that a new fresh disk is needed because is almost full.

4) Drobo B (the failing one) is powered down, no operations performed or allowed, it won't mount, when Is on nothing happens, no rebuilding, no blinking lights, just red lights, and the error message.

5) PAUL: thanks for the ray of light Smile who do you think can clone the drives?, I'm willing to pay for the service of course. Or there is any program that can do that? I will try both idea 1 and 2 to see what happens.

6) DROBODOBBIE: I know wich drive I swapped but I can't swap it back because the process on drobo A finished and it is part of drobo A now.

7) TRIMBLEEPIC: In the heading I wrote that I waited for the process (yellow/green) lights to finish so it is implied that both drobos were powered on and functioning when I swapped the drives.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP !!!!
10-09-2015, 09:00 AM
hi yerry, for point 5 above here is some info from the knowledge base:

https://myproducts.drobo.com/article/AA-01337
(has 2 service companies that give some discount i think 20%)

and this one is about the clone process:
https://myproducts.drobo.com/article/AA-01442

as it seems that you might be able to access some data from the msata directly, maybe a first step could be to remove it while all power is off (and after you have discharged any static from your hands etc) and then to try and attach it to a standalone reader - and to try and copy and paste and verify that data.

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
10-12-2015, 10:05 PM
Thanks again paul and all of you for your help:

I Tried both ideas with no luck.

1) I removed the last drive I inserted with the drobo powered down and then turned on the Drobo. Then I repeated the process with each drive. No luck.

3) I removed the mSATA and then turned on with all drives inserted, then I repeated step 1. No luck either.

It seems that my only choice is to clone the drives. I will need to buy some from amazon but the 1GB one I don't know if I will get an exact make and model. Any Ideas?
10-13-2015, 12:15 PM
hi yerry,

if you are using a cloning company/pro company i think if you speak with them before buying drives the will likely be better able to source the right one for you.
but if you are trying yourself then you might be able to ask the seller a question (similarly to ebay), and if it is fullfilled by amazon you could try to ring them up to get a specific confirmation of the label on the drive?

10-21-2015, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2015 08:11 PM by yerry.)
(10-13-2015 12:15 PM)Paul Wrote:  hi yerry,

if you are using a cloning company/pro company i think if you speak with them before buying drives the will likely be better able to source the right one for you.
but if you are trying yourself then you might be able to ask the seller a question (similarly to ebay), and if it is fullfilled by amazon you could try to ring them up to get a specific confirmation of the label on the drive?

Thank paul, I finally tried reading the mSATA card with a reader... no luck.

I'm now buying the disk but is very hard to find the exact make and model, it has to be that way, can I just pick the make and a approximate model?

Example : WD30EFRX-XXXXX?

Can I just buy buy by the model?
10-22-2015, 12:00 AM
Have a problem with the terms, some software say that can clone "Sector by Sector" it is the same of "Block Cloning"?

Also all software are for Mac, there is a Data Rescue PC, but it says "sector by sector cloning" not Block Cloning.

Can someone enlighten me?
10-22-2015, 12:44 AM
They are basically referring to the same thing. Low level cloning. Block and Sector cloning
11-05-2015, 11:23 AM
(just linking some extra related info)
http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthr...http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthread.php?

12-31-2015, 10:48 AM
Last clone drives arrived today, just before new year Smile

But I noticed that BEFORE cloning I had to perform a slot flush of every failing drive Sad

That's a big stroke for me because I already cloned twice every of the other 4 drives, So it could take weeks again to clone again all those Sad

I will try to slot flush and insert some of the clones... wish me luck Smile