Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DroboPro & El Capitan 10.11
10-08-2015, 01:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2015 01:40 AM by phillip.hahn.)
RE: DroboPro & El Capitan 10.11
Just found this solution to get the old ATTO driver to work on El Capitain:
http://www.johnlose.de/2015/09/atto-xten...http://www.johnlose.de/2015/09/atto-xtend-san-iscsi-on-osx-el-capitan-1011

PS: Interesting. My "joined" date is also wrong. Am around since my first Drobo 1...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2015, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2015 03:57 AM by drobodobbie.)
The old iscsi driver from dashboard 2.6.2 is still working under El Capitan.
You have to disable SIP, install java 2015 for mac and dashboard 2.6.2 and then enable SIP again.
Reboot in recovery mode, press Cmd+R while booting, open Terminal and type: csrutil disable and hit enter.
Reboot again and install Java for Mac 2015 and Dashboard 2.6.2. After rebooting again update to current dashboard version and boot again in recovery mode to enable csrutil again.
After reboot open system prefs firewall and check that all three Drobo components can connect to the internet.

Worked for me.

PS. Found the original post with download links here: http://apple.stackexchange.com/a/208987
Do not forget to enable SIP again in the end.
10-09-2015, 03:59 PM
Hello

For me it is really confused. I own 3 DroboPro. 2 of them works fine with the Drobo Dashboard connection. They are installed a couple of years ago an the OS X an Drobo Software are updated a couple of times in the past. The 3 drobo is from another location and reformated connected to new servers who has only Drobos with USB and FireWire. I tried to install it on an 10.6.8, 10.9.5 and 10.10.5 OS X Server. No success. I have tried to connect the drobo with the globalsan iSCSI I can mount the Volume. But I don't want to use this globalsan software (or ATTO) because I wand to manage my DroboPro with the Drobo Dashboard.

When I read this forum it seems Drobo drop the supports on iSCSI! Is this correct?

Ferther i am really pissed off by the Support of Drobo. I own 12 Drobo from which are 6 still under warrenty. I ask for support and not for an replacement of the hardware. The refused because the product is EOF.
I own dozen of Apple Computer which are EOF but when I call them for an Software Item they tried to help me. Why can Drobo support their Software? I send them a DroboDiag and they only say their is no hardware issue but the Support has stopped because the DroboPro is EOF :-((((

Regards
Gérard
10-10-2015, 05:48 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2015 05:51 AM by phillip.hahn.)
(10-09-2015 03:59 PM)gerarddirks Wrote:  For me it is really confused. I own 3 DroboPro. 2 of them works fine with the Drobo Dashboard connection. They are installed a couple of years ago an the OS X an Drobo Software are updated a couple of times in the past. The 3 drobo is from another location and reformated connected to new servers who has only Drobos with USB and FireWire. I tried to install it on an 10.6.8, 10.9.5 and 10.10.5 OS X Server. No success. I have tried to connect the drobo with the globalsan iSCSI I can mount the Volume. But I don't want to use this globalsan software (or ATTO) because I wand to manage my DroboPro with the Drobo Dashboard.

When I read this forum it seems Drobo drop the supports on iSCSI! Is this correct?

Dear Gérard,

Drobo dropped the iSCSI initiator from all versions of Drobo Dashboard since 2.6.4. Once you have installed an earlier version of Drobo Dashboard (up to 2.6.2 / 2.6.3), Drobo's version of the ATTO iSCSI initiator will continue to function even after Dashboard updates, as long as you keep Apple's Java for Mac 2015 installed (needs a re-install after an OS upgrade; El Capitain will be the last Apple OS to support this).

Buying the expensive ATTO iSCSI initiator will mount the drives, but you will still be unable to manage your Drobos only via USB / FireWire
Good luck,
Phillip
10-11-2015, 04:03 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2015 04:04 PM by gusching.)
it's a total shame that a company sells products including third party driver support, and decide to stop including it with any further update, because of any deal failure which I don't give a f.ck as a customer. I am completely fed up not beeing able to update my mac because of my B800i and having to pay some third party support because Drobo don't give a f.ck of its customers. Totally fed up because the B800i I bought was sold as Professional storage solution. Professional my A.s - no company who intend to be respected as professional service provider would act as drobo.
10-12-2015, 04:06 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2015 12:49 PM by drobodobbie.)
@Gerard:

(10-10-2015 05:48 AM)phillip.hahn Wrote:  (needs a re-install after an OS upgrade; El Capitain will be the last Apple OS to support this).

If you upgrade to El Capitan you have to disable SIP before installing Java and the Dasboard 2.6.2 again. See post #22 or #21 (if you speak German.)
10-15-2015, 04:45 AM
Can someone clarify for me.

Without the ATTO (or equivalent) iscsi initiator, should I still see the Drobo elite in the desktop app but not connect to it? I have the GlobalSan initiator which will connect to previously set up volumes but I cannot see the Drobo in the desktop software.

Thanks
10-25-2015, 02:07 PM
This also worked for me running a Mac with 10.11.1.

Foul play by Drobo ditching their customers with iSCSI connecting Drobos that are no longer part of their product line!
05-28-2016, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2016 03:59 PM by whycom.)
Did anyone get the DroboPro with USB working with El Capitan?
06-22-2016, 05:14 PM
(05-28-2016 03:59 PM)whycom Wrote:  Did anyone get the DroboPro with USB working with El Capitan?

I can report that I have a Mac Mini running El Capitan and having two(2) DroboPro's connected via USB working well (well, slow).
Running latest firmware and Drobo Dashboard 2.8.1.

But I can't get the SCSI connection to work! Please someone help