Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Drobo 5N Auto-Shutdown
05-12-2015, 11:02 AM
Drobo 5N Auto-Shutdown
There should be a distinct device available from Drobo to protect against filesystem corruption that can occur on dirty shutdown. The device would sit between Ethernet cable to one Drobo and to its power supply. The unit would have a capacitor to serve as a battery for perhaps 5 minutes for graceful shutdown when a power cut was detected, and would boot the attached unit when power is restored. The dashboard would enable the device to provide shutdown protection, boot on power restoration, a log file enable option, and an email message notification option. The device would be of a size small enough to rest atop a drop 5n. My guess is that many customers would buy such a device, and you can tap into your existing market to cross sell. I want such a device myself, because loss of hundreds of PDF files from now-shedded documents is making me crazy!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2015, 01:49 PM
RE: Drobo 5N Auto-Shutdown
Small UPS devices work wonders too.

Drobo (Gen2)
Drobo 5N
=============================
** Praise the Gods, Do Good, Act Bravely. **
05-12-2015, 03:43 PM
Lightbulb RE: Drobo 5N Auto-Shutdown
Hey I had that same problem with my drobo 5n I buy a ups for my it will last with my drobo and my network router and inter modem about 7 hours. By buying a ups will have a lot of protection for data lost. the battery that is in the 5n is ok but if the router goes out it will stop the data by coping to the 5n that will not be good. That why it will be good to buy a big of one that will have more time to backup of the 2 drives. I have a ups 1500 AVR by cyber power and it works grate