Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Drobo malfunctioning--DESPERATE FOR HELP
03-16-2015, 03:01 PM
Drobo malfunctioning--DESPERATE FOR HELP
One drive in my 4 bay drobo failed. I replaced the drive, it spent hours rebuilding, and then computer ejected drobo. When I plugged it back in, the replacement drive indicated it needed to be replaced. I went through this process with two replacement drives.

The machine is now unplugged. I am terrified that my data is at risk and do not know what my next steps should be.

Shall I insert my drives in a new Drobo enclosure??

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jessica
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2015, 07:18 PM
RE: Drobo malfunctioning--DESPERATE FOR HELP
(03-16-2015 03:01 PM)jessicaeverattner@gmail.com Wrote:  One drive in my 4 bay drobo failed. I replaced the drive, it spent hours rebuilding, and then computer ejected drobo. When I plugged it back in, the replacement drive indicated it needed to be replaced. I went through this process with two replacement drives.

The machine is now unplugged. I am terrified that my data is at risk and do not know what my next steps should be.

Shall I insert my drives in a new Drobo enclosure??

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jessica

Can you confirm which 4 Bay drobo you are using currently, (gen 1, Gen 2 or Gen 3). If you have a GEN 3, you can file a case with support, or if you have any of the prior units, you can purchase a GEN 3 and open a case with support to help you with the migration of your disk pack to your recently purchased Gen 3.

Drobo Support
05-19-2015, 11:25 AM
RE: Drobo malfunctioning--DESPERATE FOR HELP
If you purchased a new Drobo please contact our Support group - we will help to resolve the issues on your current unit so you can safely migrate your drives to the replacement. From your description is sounds like a drive failed during the data protection mode, this will likely require that you block level clone a drive. Alternatively, if you have no backup and your data is important I would recommend a data recovery house:

https://myproducts.drobo.com/article/AA-01337
https://myproducts.drobo.com/article/AA-01442