Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Drobo 5n shows the storage space that you have on Dashboard only Not on the map drive
01-08-2015, 12:25 AM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2015 01:28 PM by brianstortz.)
Lightbulb Drobo 5n shows the storage space that you have on Dashboard only Not on the map drive
hey i have the drobo 5n and when i add a map network drive drive it only show me the max capacity of my storage 16TB. but the only way that i can see the actually capacity space by going in the drobo Dashboard. It is a pain a lat of times when i look at my network map drive to see how much space i have that is not not the real space that the drobo Dashboard shows me . If there is way that we can see the same space on the network map drive as the drob Dashboard shows us a lat of time it is hard for me to tell how much space i actually have on my network map drive. Becosue we use our map drive to tell us how space we have on our network . i hope there will be a way that we can the same space as our drobo Dashboard shows . like say if we add drive to the drob the network map drive will show more space as we add biger drives or we had have a drive fail it will show less space on the network map drive so you will know how much you actually sapce you have .i hope you will be add to help i know a lat of people have the same problem i do becoeue w i have 10 uers and and it is hard for them to see how space thay really do have on there computers. i do hope that drobo add a way for this to we can see the actually space
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2015, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2015 10:02 AM by georgebuck.)
RE: network map drive actually space
Hey i have the same setup with the drobo 5n on my network i have like 15 computers and network map drives and i the same the network map drive show the full capacity of 16TB i have 1.35 TB on my drobo you can get to the actually space you do have in the drobo Dashboard. I do hope that drobo have a update where you see the same space that you see in the drobo Dashboard that you see on a network map drive for me it is really confusing that you can see the space you actually have but the network map drive will only show you the full capacity. I hope that drobo will make a way that we can see he same capacity in the Dashboard as well as the network map drive so i do not have to keep going in to Dashboard just to see how much i have>i like drobo they do a good drive but that hole capacity really miss me up for the computers that are on my network for people. we sue our map drive a lat to see how much space we have. i like that someone said about the space on the network drive as you add drive will show you more space like the Dashboard do . I like the Dashboard to setup the users and the stuff but just to log in to see how much space i have it hard for all the people on my network. so i really do hope drbo will do a update to fix that you guys rack drobo
01-10-2015, 08:45 AM
RE: Drobo 5n shows same sorage space on the network - like the Dashboard
Hey i have a drobo 5n as well i will lke to see the same with the network map drive shows the same capacity as the drobo dashboard does. That would be helpful if drobo can have a network map drive show with the same capacity . not this the max capacity it can take 16TB.i like using the drobo dashboard to setup it up and etc . We have like 15 users on my network it is hard to see how much space we have on the network map drive to all my users if it is not show me the real capacity as the drobo dashboard does. so i really do hope that drobo can some way add a Feature so that way we can see how how much space we really have on our network.I know it is for me that i have to keep looking at the drobo dashboard to see how much storage space i actually have. I use a drob 5n and i like it but is this hard for users to see how much space they really do have.
01-11-2015, 11:41 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2015 10:07 AM by jessesalgado.)
Lightbulb RE: Drobo 5n only shows storage space that you have on Dashboard only. Not on the network
I have a drobo 5n I like that is network as well we use it with 25 users most of them are windows users. I like that it has a fast 1gigabit connection. but the problem that I have is the network drive only shows up the max space of the drobo as 16TB the only way that I can see the storage space actually have is with the drobo dashboard that I can see of. it is a pain for a lot of my users and me that use the network map drive to see how much that they actually have. see what happens is that people that have a network map drive on their computer they do not know if the storage is full or not because the map drive only shows only the 16TB not the real storage space. I have that is only 1.32 TB. when they thank that they real have 16TB. I do hope that drobo can make it so we can see the storage space that is really available on the network map drive will make it more easy to read. I do like the drobo dashboard to setup user and shares and managed the drobo. but the network map drive is hard is understand with the available storage space. I hope that drobo that can do that Feature for the map drive. thanks I like drobo we use it all the time keep the good work
01-20-2015, 10:14 PM
Lightbulb RE: Drobo 5n shows the storage space that you have on Dashboard only Not on the map drive
hey there I just buy a drobo 5n form your guys and I like it. I get it 2 week ago . it work great for what I use it for my network but when I map the network drive all of my computer that we have about 20 computers. I do know that it only show the max of the storage space is only 16 TB but I know that I only have 3TB when I log in to the drobo dashboard it will show me how much storage space you actually have. I see that on the forms that people are have the same problems that I have where it do not see the real space that in my drobo dashboard on my network map drive. I really do hope that the drobo will add a Feature that the drobo shows the real space on the network map drive as the same thing that it show on the drobo dashboard . a Feature like that will really help me out when I have 20 computers with map drives. I know that a lot of people that show are Requesting that Feature that I see on the Feature Requests page
02-10-2015, 10:53 AM
RE: Drobo 5n shows the storage space that you have on Dashboard only Not on the map drive
Hey I get a drobo 5n about a week ago. I have 28 users that are connected to the drono 5n. with the drobo dashboard I on my desktop with a network map drive for all the users. I like how it was really easy to setup with the dashboard. But I really do hope that drobo add a Feature that you can see the storage space that you really do have on network map drive not just the limit 16 TB that it only shows. It will make it more easier to see how much space that we actually have like the drobo dashboard does. I do hope that drobo do add this Feature for the network map drives. I see that a lot of people that are asking for this same Feature that you can see the same space that it show on the drobo dashboard. it will really help for me a lot with all the users that use the network map drive to see how space they have So I do not have to keep installing the dashboard. on all the users computers that are the network just to see how space that they really do have. that's why hoping that there will be a feature like that. I know for me that will be a lot of work to keep installing the software if I do have a windows hard drive that falls it will be hard I will have to install a lot of software and the dashboard for that user. So drobo please I hope you can add this feature request. It will make it a lot more easier!

drobo 5n rocks keep up the good work !
04-02-2015, 11:25 AM
Lightbulb RE: Drobo 5n shows the storage space that you have on Dashboard only Not on the map drive
Hey I get a drobo 5n and it works great. But the problem is that I see that is when I map a network drive to my computer then if I right click then go to the properties of the network drive where it show me the capacity of 16TB.I see that in the drobo dashboard only that it show me the real space capacity that I see. I can understand about the drobo dashboard show it show me the space capacity that I have when I add a new or remove a hard drives. I did setup all the users with a map drive to the drobo 5n about 32 users that are connect to the drobo. I see that the network only shows the space capacity of 16 TB but I only have 1.15 TB capacity space on drobo that can get really confusing for my uses that have a network map drive I do have the drobo dashboard on my computer only with the e mail alerts to be sent to me. Because I'm the admin of the network. so I that why I just give them a map drive to use it work out a lot more easier for them. I did have some people ask me about the space they said that I see you have you have 16 TB for space. Tell them that is not the real space you have it is only 1.15 TB. even if there is a way I can set a disk quota to the users so they will not get confused. I really do hope there will be a fix to this like a Firmware upgrade. Drobo is a good company. For this type of a Feature Request that we all are asking and hoping it will make it really easy for a lot of people that use the drobo 5n
04-06-2015, 10:31 PM
RE: Drobo 5n shows the storage space that you have on Dashboard only Not on the map drive
Hey guys I just get a drobo 5n like a week ago. We have like over 30 users almost max out the drobo users limit. I set up a map drive for all of my users. I did not know but I find out that with the network map drive I have setup that it do not show me the real space capacity that I find out . I do the drobo dashboard on only my main computer that I can it show me the space that it haves in the drobo system. So if get really confiding for the people that it have a network map drive on their winnows pc. they do not know how space that they really have because it only show them 16TB but I know it really only haves 1.32 TB of space that it only shows in the dashboard so I have to keep telling people. That we do not have 16TB so have to keep e mailing all my users on the network to tell people. And I try to see if there was a way I can limit space by user so they do not go over there space that is on the network. But I did not see anything . I want t ask for a Feature Request if we can. Because a lot of our users use the network map drive in windows to see what space that so they will go over. and I can limit space by user so someone will not use the hole space of the drobo . All of these Features that we want asking to see if we can get will help me out big time. I see on the drobo forums site three is a lot of the people that post the same thing I'm having problems about. I like what the drobo does for a nas server file sharing with it 1GB speeds and that i can use mix drives that is one of the best ports of drobo 5n. There is some Features that will be help a lot with the limit of space to users & the network map drive that can show how capacity that it does have like something like the dashboard . so i really do help drobo can add that some time. it is a nice server nas system for me and i like it
04-14-2015, 10:54 PM
I have a drobo 5n and it works great I have a lot of people with windows map drives and I see that the map drives to the drobo 5n. I see that the map drive only shows the capacity of 16 TB but I found out with the drobo dashboard only shows me the real storage. a lot of my users that have map network drive that is connected to their windows 7 PCs it's getting a lot of people confused on how much stores they have so I have to keep letting people know that does not the real storage I only keep the dashboard on my computer on the admin of the network so people keep asking much storage do we have so I hope there will be a feature so I can see the same storage that I see on the dashboard so my users that are connected to the network will get confused this would be a great option to have I hope they do make a feature for this cause I see that there's a lot of people are asking for this. if this can't be done I or I hope there is a feature that I can limit the space by users so that way the user know how much space they have so they won't get confused I really do hope in the future there can be some kind of idea that we can see how much space we have on the map drobo. or even having a limit on the users will help in the end the same way. I like to drobo system but would make it really easy to add one or those two features or maybe both I have about 30 users that are connected to it so this can get really confusing so I do hope that someday that it will be available
05-12-2015, 04:15 PM
I have the same problem with the same thing with my drobo 5n I have a lot of people on my network windows7 pcs and there is no way I look in to it to find where I can see how much space do I have on a network map drive that I made to the drobo 5n the only way I can the real space I do have is only on the drobo dashboard. it can make me crazy! to keeping on open the drobo dashboard just to see how much space I have with I have a network map drive to the drobo 5n can the map drive only shows me the full capacity of my space is 16 TB's but when I go do the drobo dashboard it will show me the real s[ace 1.32 TB so this is getting me really confusing and for all my users on my network that do not use the drobo droshbord on the network because I do not want them to miss with the setting. I did put it on someone computer and they will trying to miss it so I take it off I hope that there will be a feature to fix that or a feature that even having a way that you can limit on the users for space will help in the same way . so if you have a lot of users on the name and you do not have that much space you can limit the space by user so you can limit out to all users. so users will not full up the hole space on the network. I try to limit the volume that did not work because if I do that will not be to add space if I need . this driving me crazy! . so I have to going to the people on the network to let them know about how much space we have and tell them not to fill it up but that will not know because the capacity only shows 16 TB so they thank we have 16 Tb but we don't. so this can get really confusing so I do hope that someday that it will be available it will relay help out