Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Drobo stuck in the final stage of starting up.
12-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Exclamation Drobo stuck in the final stage of starting up.
Drobo FS shares didn't appear so I rebooted Drobo. Here's the symptoms:

1. Can connect using Dashboard but can't do much - says it's in the final stage of starting up. It's been like this for hours!

2. All the LEDs are green on the side. Everything appears to be working.

3. No shares on any of my other computers.

4. Tried to SSH into it but the connection is refused.

5. Was running firmware 1.2.6, so I powered down, pulled out all the drives, started back up and reloaded 1.2.6. That didn't help. The drives are back in, LEDs are green but no change.

6. I was running DroboApps, with the latest crashplan.

Not sure what to do now? I can't get into the box or disable DroboApps cause Dashboard doesn't allow me to log in.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2014, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2014 12:22 PM by alanandcorin.)
RE: Drobo stuck in the final stage of starting up.
Update...

I did a pinhole reset of the Drobo with the drives out. I can now see my shares on the network and SSH into the box.

However, Dashboard still won't allow me to login and I'm getting the message, "Your drobo is in the final stage of starting up..." even hour more than 4 hours.

Any ideas from here what to do????

Thanks.
12-03-2014, 03:58 AM
I can see how the Dashboard thing is bothersome, but if I may be blunt let me ask you this: Is everything working again? You say the shares are back up, and I assume all the apps are behaving normally. If that is the case, I wouldn't bother about the Dashboard too much.

Tap the full potential of the Drobo FS/5N with DroboApps.
To receive the latest updates about my DroboApps circle me on Google Plus.
12-03-2014, 10:36 AM
Well, everything is not working again. I can't log in to Dashboard so I can no longer change my shares or permissions, etc. I've got too much data (1.7TB) stored for me to perform a pin-hole reset with the drives installed. Someone out there must know who to debug and fix this?

Thanks
12-03-2014, 12:23 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2014 12:24 PM by Paul.)
hi, when you say this:

"3) No shares on any of my [other] computers."

if this means that you [can] access all the data currently from 1 [particular] computer, id start copying the data somewhere else as a backup if you can, while you can, before you try changing anything further...

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
06-26-2015, 04:02 PM
Hi all!!

Have the same problem, any suggestions?

Thx.
06-27-2015, 01:48 PM
hi were you also running crashplan apps too?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
06-27-2015, 09:39 PM
(06-27-2015 01:48 PM)Paul Wrote:  hi were you also running crashplan apps too?

Really no, just running transmission, apache and pureftpd...
Try switch off, take out all hdd's, run again the drobo without hdd's, switch off again from drobo dashboard, install hdd's, run again the system but nothing change. Must say that have low space in disk.
Thinks thats all, any idea what to do?

Thx.
06-29-2015, 02:04 PM
hi dakalgoiti, could you take a screenshot of your dashboard main screens (with the drive slots), when drobo is connected and with your drives already in etc, and to maybe upload to dropbox or simialr? would be good to see the image.

07-01-2015, 03:15 AM
(06-29-2015 02:04 PM)Paul Wrote:  hi dakalgoiti, could you take a screenshot of your dashboard main screens (with the drive slots), when drobo is connected and with your drives already in etc, and to maybe upload to dropbox or simialr? would be good to see the image.

Hi Paul,

Here are the photos:

First the state of the Drobo Dashboard 1 // Drobo Dashboard 2 // Drobo Dashboard 3 // Drobo Dashboard 4
You can see the photos in the links. Like you can see many options of the Dashboard are disabled and is stuck in the final stage.

Then turn off the drobo, take off the hdd's and turn on again.
Drobo Dashboard 5 // Drobo Dashboard 6
Now the disabled options are enabled and the disk bay's are empty.

Finally turn off again, insert the hdd's, turn on and was like at the begining.

Sorry for the delay, but can't do before.

Thx.