Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What size mSata to use?
10-09-2014, 10:26 AM
Question What size mSata to use?
Anyone know if there is a sweet spot for the size of mSata drive to use in mini?

I have tried to ascertain this from Drobo support but they have just come back with the list of compatible drives and saying you can use any size.

What I want to know is if there is any benefit of using say a 1TB msata against a 512MB msata drive. Another way of asking is at what size does the improved performance level off.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2014, 11:22 AM
RE: What size mSata to use?
I'm a little confused myself too. Based on other blogs, specifications and tutorial/review videos, it looks like the largest mSATA drive supported is only 64GB (!). Drobo Tech Support, please help us out here because that seems a little low, especially when working with digital media assets like raw video.
10-16-2014, 11:43 AM
bump

any more ideas?
04-27-2016, 02:24 PM
AFAIK there is no benefit of going with anything over 120GB
04-28-2016, 10:19 AM
hi, this thread may help a bit too:
http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthr...http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthread.php?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)