Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Power supply
09-15-2014, 01:09 PM
Power supply
New issue. The light goes off on my power supply brick when I plug it in to my mini. No lights on the mini at all. Power adapter bad or is there an issue with the mini or both?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2014, 10:47 AM
RE: Power supply
Definitely the Drobo. Used another power adapter and get the same result. Anyone have a clue as to what the cause may be?
09-24-2014, 02:48 PM
Sad RE: Power supply
(09-15-2014 01:09 PM)sd_eds Wrote:  New issue. The light goes off on my power supply brick when I plug it in to my mini. No lights on the mini at all. Power adapter bad or is there an issue with the mini or both?

Well Im a year out of warranty and my Drobo mini is a paperweight. I figure I have nothing to lose so I open it up and lo and behold, I find burn marks on the inside of the Drobo. The rear metal plate about a half inch to the left of the plug for power. Cant seem to find any other burn areas or uninsulated wires or other strange marks. I have another mini I am using but I wonder if this is a one shot or an epidemic. Luckily I didnt have any mission critical data on the busted mini, but Im pretty scared about losing my data now.

[Image: IMG_4551.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4552.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4553.jpg]
11-29-2014, 08:23 PM
RE: Power supply
Hey sd_eds,

I'm having a similar issue with my Drobo 5D. When I plug the power supply in, the power brick starts blinking and it's really worrying me about my data. Did you ever figure out what the problem was or fix it? Where you able to migrate the drives to a new Drobo enclosure and recover your data?

Many thanks,

John